What have you done to your MSP today?

ok cool. well ill be replacing the turbo in the upcoming week and new spark plugs. ill clean the egr out while im in there i guess. whats the best fluid to clean it out? like to break down the crust?

^^ that will work, but I would just buy a can of actual Carb cleaner and they should have actual EGR cleaner at autozone, but I would make sure it's really cleaned out, I used almost the whole can and scrubbed it really well with the wire brush things I got from Lowes/Home Depot, they are like $1.5 a piece or something they look like this so you know what I am talking about, just need the small ones to make sure they fit inside the holes
http://www.spiralbrushes.com/twisted-in-wire.html

that thing is like 90 bucks, had to buy one last year.

could be wrong on the price, i just remember it being alot for what it is.

what does this do?? just stops coolant from goin to throttle body?? like theres no real benefit from that is there?

Sugestive lower intake charge temp as there is no coolant heating up the TB as air flows through it. i did this in 2004 I think and no real problems with doing it or not for that fact.

So this noise that I'm hearing from the trans has gotten much louder the past few days. To be more exact, it definitely sounds like a bad bearing because it is a rattling type of noise and goes away when I push in the clutch. I had a mechanic listen to it and he thinks that it is coming from the black box on the end of the trans. Anybody know which bearing that would be, assuming it is a bearing, and also I have heard that the box is relatively easy to remove. By easy I mean that I was told you don't have to pull the trans to get to it. Anybody ever had an issue like this? I had my clutch, flywheel and throwout bearing replaced just a couple months ago. This noise showed up shortly afterward. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well that does make sense now that you mention it. I've also heard some clanking noises when going in reverse and turning the wheel, so hopefully it's just a loose or broken bolt.

I'm glad to see you guys are still wrenching away on your proteges.

Gotta keep 'em running!
I accidentally snapped off a vacuum nipple on the VICS sensor yesterday so I super-glued it back on and swapped the VTCS and VICS sensors, just in case as the VICS sensor gets used much more often than the other.
I also re-taped the main wire harness and some other wires under-hood today, and replaced the stock little pressure clips with zip ties on the vacuum lines. All in all it looks cleaner.

Any members that have some experience with standalone EMS wanna help me out? Check my build thread in sig for details, or send me a PM and I'll try to explain hah.

Latest posts

Back