What have you done to your MSP today?

I went to there site but didn't see the houses.

I know. I had to get them off this dude on a FB page that gets them special ordered. It was 99-03 protege (NA) in red.. or wait an amount of time that he couldn't even estimate to wait for blue ones. Turbo ones were not an option and I was told (not by the seller) by people that the NA conversion guys just run the line off the throttle body and that basically no one orders the one I got from Callaway because its $45

Anyways the dude is named Brian Smith https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000085047081&fref=hovercard

Heres the "ad"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/protegeownerssupportgroup/forsaleposts/?story_id=366550416884159

I got a pretty friggin sweet deal for $100, whether I use ALL of the hoses or not. And to be honest, with all my couplers being blue.. I think the red offsetting it helps to prevent that "overly matchy" look that sometimes happens. To each their own I suppose.

heh.. one of those doesnt look like its gonna work for the msp.... but nothing a brass t and some clamps cant fix... heater hoses are easy... with the intake manifold off... just do it.. replace the $8 gasket... much better than dicking around with no room.

I plan on it. I have that full gasket set.. Its sweet to just buy them all together like I did. that was a lot smarter than cutting my insert. lol I was joking with a friend at work now that I can see clearly in hindsight.. I was explaining how I just chopped up a super hard to get part and then just posted all over this forum, in complete ignorance.. like it was nothing. LOL I deserved all the s*** I got.

Anyways.. I figure this is a good time to FINALLY do this last motor mount. I have been putting it off since the first week I owned the car. But even that ended up being a smart because I would have had to go back in there anyways. Its been a fast ride though, time wise. I have only owned this car since 05/12/15. Its only 07/3/15. I think I have gotten a lot done since then. I haven't spared a lot of expense either..

Man I need to get working on replacing all my vacuum block hoses and replace my clutch in the MSP. Just need the time!

Thanks for the bday wishes guys I had a great birthday and since i'm 25 one of the last to actually look forward too. Was able to fix 1345 in about 5 minutes, the split was right past the end of the hard line so I just cut the hose a little shorter and moved the clamp down. Drove it all day yesterday and got 3 compliments from 3 strangers about the BBSs.

Thanks Othree.5 but I don't think I want to put another 11 year old rubber line on there lol, I think I will get that samco kit if they make it in black. Can't do colored stuff in my engine bay it's gotta be black, gray or anodized red to match the oil cap/vac block.

Forgot to mention I met a guy selling a 27k mile spicy today, it's a nice car. Has a body kit which I HATE with a passion but it really isn't that bad. Paint is almost perfect on it and it has some mods but the owner didn't seem to know very much about the car. It was idling at 1100rpm and had a vac leak and he was like "No it has always pulled 18 vac it never pulled over 20 InHg of vacuum, all of my buddies have STIs and their cars pull 18 vacuum too". SMH and he was a 'toyota technician'. Wish I could rescue that car from him and de-rice it some

Last edited:
They want 1k for the car. But all the scrapers I called today told me 375

It's definitely totalled and that really sucks man I am sorry, I would be really upset if I lost my MSP. Junkyards around here with a good drivetrain would offer at least $600 and I feel that is still too low. I say stick with the protege platform since a built MSP is much cooler than a build speed3 in my book. But I understand wanting something newer, I think we all do.

Yeah I feel the insurance company really Screwed me on the part of buying back my wrecked car 1100 dollars I now have 200 hundred in the bank and no job. Good news guys is I have parts.
I am keeping my built drive train for 2507 she has body damage but I need a car. All body parts and even the spare drive train with 32000 miles on it are up for grabs. Please give my parts a good home and give me money to help me deal with the sadness...

Last edited:
meh.. something newer isnt always better though. higher tech, but we have 14 years on these cars and know everything that can/does go wrong and they cheap as phuc to fix... can you not part the wreck out? i dont really know how insurance works, but id tell mine to just tow it to my house and **** off lol. esp as you got rear ended and are at zero fault.

So good news guys. As everyone knows, next year the 300hp+ awd speed3 will be released, but to add even more spice to the company's lineup, we can also expect to see mazdaspeed versions of the Mazda2 and the Mazda6. And of course who can forget the rx9, which is slated for a 2017 concept debut and in showrooms in 2020. It's strongly rumoured to employ a 2 stage turbo setup that should generate over 450hp! That's crazy. These next few years are gonna be exciting. You're gonna have a lot of good options to choose from Chris.

Last edited:
so.... do you have to pay out your own money to buy it back? or do they give you a settlment and you use that? ive fortunately never had to deal with insurance and i hope i never do..

So much for finishing the tune and hitting the dyno... The clutch isn't even remotely capable of the job. It lets go at half throttle and 3500 rpm :( I guess she gets to live in the garage for a while longer.

Does anyone have the clutch comparison thread bookmarked? I've done some searching and I'm not finding what I need. There was a thread that had SPEC, ACT, Exedy, etc all listed with their different stages and torque ratings. I feel the Exedy Stage 1 is rated for around 300 ftlb, but I can't remember what the others can do. I'd rather only do this once.

Does anyone have the clutch comparison thread bookmarked? I've done some searching and I'm not finding what I need. There was a thread that had SPEC, ACT, Exedy, etc all listed with their different stages and torque ratings. I feel the Exedy Stage 1 is rated for around 300 ftlb, but I can't remember what the others can do. I'd rather only do this once.
I know the spec stage 2 was rated at 325 torque 2+ at 375 torque. I feel like my stage 2 + is working very nicely but I didn't have my flywheel resurfaced and so it makes it like a screeching sound as it engages.

Last edited:
It looks like the ACT XTSS is rated at 325 ftlbs as well. I have a lead on a used ACT with a fidanza 11lb flywheel, I just don't know that I can bring myself to put in a used clutch.

The friction plates for those findanza flywheels only like 40 bucks on eBay I have the part number somewhere.
229001 is the part number if the friction plate needs replacing.

Last edited:
holy crap getting to this rear motor mount sucks so much. i am literally IN the engine bay trying to get the lower bolt off that plastic wire harness...

Back