What have you done to your MSP today?

Yeah, where did you search

After a little bit more research I think I was able to find what @Preferio was talking about. Just remembered about car-parts.com and after some more searching came upon a thread that had all the years and cars with interchangeable transmission. So cross referencing that I did find a place 2 places close to me with a mtx from a 94 and 95 mx6 for 150 & 200 respectively. So if that's it then I will be picking up one of those two up. Just need to know if I'm right. Anybody can confirm? Thanks

After a little bit more research I think I was able to find what @Preferio was talking about. Just remembered about car-parts.com and after some more searching came upon a thread that had all the years and cars with interchangeable transmission. So cross referencing that I did find a place 2 places close to me with a mtx from a 94 and 95 mx6 for 150 & 200 respectively. So if that's it then I will be picking up one of those two up. Just need to know if I'm right. Anybody can confirm? Thanks

Yes, car-part. any 93+ FSDE equipped car will work. I am currently running a Probe transmission.

Finally got to working on my car, dropped the transmission broke the driver side half shaft, so waiting on the replacement tomorrow. I hope I will be able to take it off from the spindle.

Picked up a mtx from a 94 mx6 looks identical swapped over the sensors the only real concern I have is from the shift linkage. the older mtx doesn't have that sleeved thing where the bolt comes through, so going to have to figure something out. Also my car didn't come with the wheel lock key, so I went to oreillys and bought the 2 cheapest sockets and used those to take off the 2 wheel locks worked like a charm. Hopefully I will be able to finish it tomorrow.

Finally got to working on my car, dropped the transmission broke the driver side half shaft, so waiting on the replacement tomorrow. I hope I will be able to take it off from the spindle.

Picked up a mtx from a 94 mx6 looks identical swapped over the sensors the only real concern I have is from the shift linkage. the older mtx doesn't have that sleeved thing where the bolt comes through, so going to have to figure something out. Also my car didn't come with the wheel lock key, so I went to oreillys and bought the 2 cheapest sockets and used those to take off the 2 wheel locks worked like a charm. Hopefully I will be able to finish it tomorrow.
Transfer your bushing from your transmission to the MX6. I ran into the same thing on my last, but my other was trashed, so I made one. Napa actually sells the bushing- Part # 0771303.

Well, my friend smoked my clutch on the MSP while she was driving it. Had to be towed. I'm only half way through R&R'ing her WRX engine, so she's SOL until it's done. She actually asked me to stop working on the WRX to purchase and install a new clutch into my MSP.... No.

Transfer your bushing from your transmission to the MX6. I ran into the same thing on my last, but my other was trashed, so I made one. Napa actually sells the bushing- Part # 0771303.

Well, my friend smoked my clutch on the MSP while she was driving it. Had to be towed. I'm only half way through R&R'ing her WRX engine, so she's SOL until it's done. She actually asked me to stop working on the WRX to purchase and install a new clutch into my MSP.... No.
Wow, just wow. I can't imagine how pissed I would be if that happened to me.

On a side note, after 4 years my first MSP will finally be lowered today. I always put performance before looks and intended to purchase coilovers but never could justify spending $1k on them and I refuse to settle for less than K sports or BC as you always get what you pay for. I got my new set of Tokico blues in the mail and I will install Tein S techs on the front and the stock RB rear springs. With the spring perch drop it should give a nice ride height but I am expecting the front to be too low for my taste.

Got it running finally after working on it all weekend. As far as the shifter goes its not bushings; its the actually t-looking thing at the end of the shift linkage the MSP mtx had one, but the mx6 one didn't. So after ghetto rigging something up and replacing a broken axle she's on the road. I'm not too confident on the solution I came up with and the shifter sits a bit and feels a bit too far back.

bolt on version of what most of us are running already, wicked cool.

id almost buy that to redo my setup for the new stuff... but either turbolife or W2A for me.

Trying to figure out how to shed another 200lbs from my MSP. Probably needing to look at carbon fiber as there's not really anymore metal I can cut out.

I'm really considering purchasing the kit. The universal CX Racing kit I've been using has been great these past few years, but, honestly, it's ugly. It isn't pretty. And yes, the hot side is a bit excessive, but it's a good looking, affordable, model-specific FMIC kit... And it's the only one. With all the recent upgrades and repairs recently, the car is changing a lot and getting the small things corrected. I'm going to be very happy with the car soon. I'd like to get the front bumper cover picked up on the MSP FB pages because that's something that REALLY needs attention.

Back