What have you done to your MSP today?

Need a set of spark plug wires, which ones besides OEM or NGK are you guys using?
I bought the NGK's to replace my OEMs but only one would stay on the coil.
Took them back and won't use try them again!

Also had a weird RPM tach one morning when the temps were below freezing. It would go to zero, bounce back up and then zero a few more times. WTF?
That was the first time it ever did that but I'm not in FL at the moment.

I personally have OEM ones that I just put on when I changed out plugs and coils even though my last oem set was fine. I ended up with two sets when I ordered them at my rebuild. Borg-Warner makes a quality ignition wire that I ran prior and use them through my shop because they're of good quality.

I have ran NGK wires for a long time and have never had any problems, are you using aftermarket coil packs? Plenty of people run these without issue.

Where can I find the mazdaspeed protege axles for sale? I am unable to source where to find the ones specific to the MSP. I somehow sheared mine off right behind the splines that go into the hub. Also does anyone know where the diameter of the axle shafts is measured, at its largest or smallest diameter?

Still wet sanding the CF hood. I've already got 2 hours into it. I've never liked body work. It takes too long. I figure I've got another 3 hours left in it before it's ready to be sprayed. Other than that, I think I'm going to drop $300 on the car in the next week to fix a couple of issues. Maybe get the guy selling the spicy bumper to actually sell it to me and pick up some new headlights. The car will look completely different I think. Going with a bumper that isn't faded/clearcoat peeling, the carbon fiber hood, lower grill back in, new headlights and putting my 03.5 wing back on. I want to do some before and after pictures, too. I should be spending money on a clutch or FTC, but I'm getting deals on stuff that I need right now that don't come up often so I'm taking advantage of it.

I have ran NGK wires for a long time and have never had any problems, are you using aftermarket coil packs? Plenty of people run these without issue.

nope still have the coils that came with the car. must have been a defective new set. guess i'll stick with oem since they have lasted so long and shouldn't have any fitment issues. seems crazy that 2 wires cost so much but oh well.

Where can I find the mazdaspeed protege axles for sale? I am unable to source where to find the ones specific to the MSP. I somehow sheared mine off right behind the splines that go into the hub. Also does anyone know where the diameter of the axle shafts is measured, at its largest or smallest diameter?

Napa has direct replacements. Just filter your search results to reflect mazdaspeed protege 2.0 turbo or mps suspension on napaonline.com

22mm stock pro, 24mm MSP. The axle shaft itself is slightly larger. I checked Napa's website a while back and they were listed as unavailable but it is likely they can order them.

I'm thinking about picking up an LSD from onlinemazdaparts.com and getting it welded since I can't really afford the factory one what do you guys think. It's like 530shipped

how badly do you need it that you cant save another $300?

Hey have any of you had oil leaking problems? I filled up my oil all the way to F on the meter and I drove out of town the other day which was about an hour and a half drive and drove back the same day and drove a few days after that to and from work and my oil was less than half on the meter. I try to look for any oil residue or leaks and I cannot find anything. I'm assuming it's the either the O-Ring, camshaft seals, or crankshaft seals. Have any of you had experiences in something like this?

Like enough to where saving another 300 is not immediately feasible for a few months unfortunately. If I can even had it last for like 6 months ill be golden.

Get an open diff. transmission then....................... My last one cost me $50 from a salvage yard. The one before that, $125.00...

The question is more; is the dif already broken and your looking for an emergency fix? Or you could pull $40/paycheck aside and just sit on your hands a couple months on what you got - desperate?
Even if you weld a factory unit though, it will still wear the plates out eventually. I'd save a little more to get rebuildable with a lifetime warranty

Yeah the diff is already broken so I need to get the car back on the road. I could get an open diff trans from a regular protege, but then they aren't really any cheaper than just going a head and getting the replacement stock lsd

Yeah the diff is already broken so I need to get the car back on the road. I could get an open diff trans from a regular protege, but then they aren't really any cheaper than just going a head and getting the replacement stock lsd

Really? Doing a search based on your listed location and assumed zip code, I found 2 transmissions for $150 within 25 miles of 93550....

Plus, you'll have your OEM transmission already out, so when you do save the money for the diff, you will still be able to drive the car until you get the diff in your old transmission....

, you'll have your OEM transmission already out, so when you do save the money for the diff, you will still be able to drive the car until you get the diff in your old transmission[/qoute]

This I could do

Back