What have you done to your MS3 today?

Mcgreggors trip might be in order soon...
another piece of exhaust fell of the station. now it gross loud. you will here me coming.
Give me plenty of notice. work is very busy .

I wonder if the stock exhaust i have in the garage might work on the 2.6 six.
I meant the stock 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 exhaust.
Figure a way to hang it, and get my buddies to weld up 304 ss round stock and make it work?
i aint never gonna use it.
Also have have beautiful polished 316 SS axle backfart can for a civic or integra. the piece was very expensive for someone! some idiot. 4.50 canister down to a two inch tip.
hella cool on a MB station wagen i bet. fart can defined. but well crafted.

Got the heater hose hard line out and started to plumb in the turbo coolant line. removed bout 3 more brackets. easy enough to re secure these harnesses. More room on the turbo inlet side that realized. I got a lot of scrubbing to do on that trans to get it polished up.
Man my coolant hoses are/were shot. That car must have been running awful hot sometimes over it's life.
wish picture were as easy as the other forum, i have some made some progress dressing the lines in.
Let me know about MacGregors.
: )

Sad to see that the last post was almost a month ago lol. :(. So finally should be getting my reman motor put in this week. But in the process made a horrible financial decision...

Sad to see that the last post was almost a month ago lol. :(. So finally should be getting my reman motor put in this week. But in the process made a horrible financial decision...
what, did you buy ?

are you guys aware the rx-9 is coming?
I am not working on the car much or at all. Exhaust side and turbo are done. looks like i am going to have to move the PCM/ ECU again. the 3.5" SRI takes up more space then i realized.

I really want a 4 rotor rotary motor in something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxAfpiNlxBA
enjoy

I want a new MX-5 so bad I can taste it. Totally impractical toy, but man, do I want one.

I want a new MX-5 so bad I can taste it. Totally impractical toy, but man, do I want one.
Understood!!

i am getting worked up over the rx9 concept.
But yep, be the best thing to do for you is score the newer Miata. save wear and tear on the Speed3. Obviously : )

My method to keep the mileage down is to break mine, and or take it apart for no good reason.
still holding at under 90 K!
But i put about 40 on it the first two summers.
Have a friend who used to race carts. He put a roll bar + suspension and tires on his Miata.That's all. no motor bolt ons, and loves it! drivers car for sure
go for it Mike.

Well life has come to a point where I will be selling another Mazdaspeed 3. If anyone knows someone looking I'll be asking 12,000 for it. Having new motor put in now so will take pics when I get it back. Just please spread the word. 100,000 miles on body. New motor, clutch, flywheel, and tires. It's an 07 grand touring and the inside is flawless.

Well life has come to a point where I will be selling another Mazdaspeed 3. If anyone knows someone looking I'll be asking 12,000 for it. Having new motor put in now so will take pics when I get it back. Just please spread the word. 100,000 miles on body. New motor, clutch, flywheel, and tires. It's an 07 grand touring and the inside is flawless.
Because?

Why selling? Found something that caught your eye?

I wish i could afford another one.
Met a fellow this spring up here near Rochester, that was looking for one. He visits this sight i think. He had/has a Mazdaspeed Protege i was interested in. If he buys your speed 3 maybe i buy his Protege and everyone wins!

Get the pictures up.

Long story short quit my second job and trying to pay the bills leaves no money to invest into the car anytime soon.

But on that note went to see the car yesterday the old motor is out and new one should be in today and will hopefully be done tomorrow. Also decided to have them put in a new clutch while it was out. Bad news is.... Needs either new turbo or this one rebuilt. Has some play in it. :(. As well as new struts in the front. Love how the stealership tried to quote me $700 per strut though. So if I can get $10,000 out of it needing this work it's gone. If not well it will be going in the garage for a while, because I won't be able to stay out of boost to try and save this turbo lol.

Long story short quit my second job and trying to pay the bills leaves no money to invest into the car anytime soon.

But on that note went to see the car yesterday the old motor is out and new one should be in today and will hopefully be done tomorrow. Also decided to have them put in a new clutch while it was out. Bad news is.... Needs either new turbo or this one rebuilt. Has some play in it. :(. As well as new struts in the front. Love how the stealership tried to quote me $700 per strut though. So if I can get $10,000 out of it needing this work it's gone. If not well it will be going in the garage for a while, because I won't be able to stay out of boost to try and save this turbo lol.
These turbos are an easy rebuild. Had mine done at a performance diesel shop for about 350. included modded impellers. all balanced .
I have front struts laying around here somewhere. pm me
I think they have corksport springs on them though !?
easy to replace as springs are already mounted.
let me know. i also have another k04 if you want to get it rebuilt off the car. Its in bad shape but i will sell it to you cheap. like 100 bucks cheap

These turbos are an easy rebuild. Had mine done at a performance diesel shop for about 350. included modded impellers. all balanced .
I have front struts laying around here somewhere. pm me
I think they have corksport springs on them though !?
easy to replace as springs are already mounted.
let me know. i also have another k04 if you want to get it rebuilt off the car. Its in bad shape but i will sell it to you cheap. like 100 bucks cheap

You sir are one of a kind! They wanted to charge me 1,500 to rebuild it. I was like nope can get a big turbo for that price! Some of the stuff they charged saved a lot of money but then they charged crazy amount for other things.

Let me know about the struts. they are used with maybe 40 k. but no snow or salt. not perfect. just collecting dust along with all kinds crap I forgot about by now.

Good luck ! with whatever you end up doing.

god havent logged in here in forever...............

stockout has begun/almost finished. will be posting parts and maybe the car itself up here soon

You sir are one of a kind! They wanted to charge me 1,500 to rebuild it. I was like nope can get a big turbo for that price! Some of the stuff they charged saved a lot of money but then they charged crazy amount for other things.

I had my K04 rebuilt earlier this year at about 105,000 miles. I had it done by Work Turbo in the Birmingham, Alabama, (turborepair.com). They charge $350 with quick turn around. I had a broken vane on the compressor side, so I opted to have a new CHRA installed at extra cost.

As to what I did today, (last night), I eliminated a front driver side clunk by tightning the upper nut on the sway bar end link, which had backed off a couple turns. Blue Loctite this time.

Back