What have you done to your Miata today?

Yeah, that'd be nice. No real good place to put one though :(

Last edited:
Mine is hung from an I-beam bolted to the ceiling joists. I see bare joists/rafters in that picture... I'm sure you can make it happen.

I've still got to mount the oil pressure warning light (bright @$$ red LED) and clean up the wiring, but with a little help I got the shift lights and oil pressure stuff wired up. The shift lights need some configuration for min / max RPM / when to flash / etc, but they're uber bright. Should be very visible even out of the periphery.

It's starting to look car like.

20150117_232011.jpg

I almost forgot. Yesterday, she got out of the shop and onto the trailer (and then down, and back up, and down again...) under her own steam :D

20150117_100541.jpg

Looking good!

Mine got started and warmed up while I did the rear brakes on my wife's car.

Yo Ryan, how the hell ya been? I remember I had one every day and should be pulling the trigger on another soon. ;)

Looking good Andrew. I see your posts and pics and get jealous of your mad skillz yo.

That is awesome Jeff!

I have been doing well, down to 3 mazdas these days. Pretty busy with life, not much tinkering on the cars.

That is good to hear and three? I only remember the P5 and Miata. I hear ya, and right now it's too cold to think about tinkering with them.

I'm back at three now, brought home my new-to-me 08 SE over the weekend. :D Nice avatar pic too, I passed by the Arch on Friday night.

Finished wiring up the oil pressure warning light, then cleaned up & loomed the wiring under the dash. And took care of that big bundle of wires behind the stack, but I wanted to test the dash before buttoning everything up completely.

The startup sequence on the LED tacho = giggles :D

20150202_220526.jpg

20150202_220452.jpg

20150202_220634.jpg

The "gloss metallic black" from Avery is maybe a shade or 2 off of stock. Plenty good enough for a 50-footer race car :D

20150202_220550.jpg

Looks like another Miata might be joining the stable. A 1990, white (complete with flaking paint), manual-everything, that needs a bit of help. In good news it has never seen salt and has less than 100k on the clock. More details to follow when the deal goes through.

Got the belts installed and adjusted, and finally got to test out the HANS in situ. Neat bit of tech, and I'm very happy with the decision to get the sliding tethers.

20150209_221920.jpg

Back