What have you done to your Miata today?

Ah yeah. We probably should've noticed when we had the caliper off too :(

Yep.

doublefacepalm.jpg

Didn't do anything further last night, got the undertray and front bumper on this morning. Undertray has all the fasteners on it for the first time (some were missing). Zip-tied my boost sensing line in the engine bay. Scouted around town for an air filter but no one had what I needed, so that got ordered. This evening I put the fan back in under the dash (removed it to run the boost sensing line), did the sagging glovebox door fix, and installed new rotors/pads all the way around. I'm happy to report that I had no issues with any of the pins on the calipers, all were clean and had some lube on them.

Finally got my gauges hooked up, still need to figure out where to connect the wires to permit them to dim when the lights are on. I ended up using two of those add-a-circuit pieces, put the one that needed constant power in the hazard slot and the accessory powered wires went into the radio slot. Wideband sensor is calibrated, midpipe is put back in (could have actually had the wideband sensor installed a little more to the 12 o-clock position) along with my front subframe brace. Taking a short late lunch break, then will go back out to replaced the butterfly brace midsection and then bleed the brakes using my Motive unit with the Miata-specific adapter. That will be the first time for that, I'm curious to see how it will do.

I posted that a couple of days ago, where you been?

See I'm a little upset. I get a different car, and all of the sudden this guy is all like, hey, here's pictures, you don't even have to ask!

1. Glad to see you're still alive. 2. Get over it!

1. Glad to see you're still alive. 2. Get over it!
I missed you and your direct lovin ;)
(hahaspit)

btw, Rob is to busy with the herrafrush crowd now. He's all illest/fatlace/slammed&poked.. to good to talk to us "mere" mazda people. He chortles at us with his pinky out as he rides off into the sunset with his hipster friends.. Probably sipping a tall boy of PBR.
To the beginning yes. And we all ride off into the sunset separately, because to add a person to our cars renders them unable to move. And it is not PBR, it is :
natty-boh-orioles-cans.JPG

And I know you want some so ha! And this is our life :
c1c9f2d6b8c311e1abb01231382049c1_7.jpg

Winning trophies, drinking beers, drifting, campaigning a new FR-S, partying with sluts (or at least wearing hats alluding to such activities ;)), waking up, and doing it again!

Know what's awesome about the FR-S? Damn near having to remove the engine to change spark plugs. Awesome car.

Dude it's crazy on the track though. Put down times like the unlimited corvette's with rcomps on it

Clearly without much of a driver in the Corvette... hooray brand myopia! Technically "my miata" has beaten Corvettes, Lotuses and Porsches. Is my car actually faster than those? lol no.

gettin ready for the glen, changed the oil/filter, rotated the tires, wash clayed and waxed her....cup of joe and back to do the interior...i've been so busy with the house the poor miata has had no love till today...

Did a little testing with the miata on the new trailer and I can get it onto the trailer with the race tires on. I was fairly confident of that, and 1 of the reasons I got a beaver-tail trailer, but it's nice to prove that fact. Did a little testing for positioning so that I can get a pair of wheel-stops welded on, along with some tie-downs (currently the straps hook into the frame). And then once we got that all sorted, we tied it down to the trailer for the autocross tomorrow. Very excite, especially with all the "excitement" with the car at the last event.

Back