What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I replaced the front and rear wipers, drove to a trail, gave it a rinse, and crossed over 30k miles sometime during all of that!
51CDA5CE-A1DD-4B22-990C-6557E93C2F5F.jpeg
CA6E1FFF-867D-4B2E-9D3B-C306F881B573.jpeg

Been a bit jeally of the 2022+ slight refreshes. Toyed around with some grille accents using cheap pinstripe tape from auto parts store. Please excuse the bugs.

Attachments

• FD4D4559-1067-4C3A-B0BC-C788F771ED14.jpeg
    FD4D4559-1067-4C3A-B0BC-C788F771ED14.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 406
  • CBDAA227-C39D-4443-A0CC-5E9150BCE2FB.jpeg
    CBDAA227-C39D-4443-A0CC-5E9150BCE2FB.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 374
Handwashed it for the first time as I discovered that there is a hose in my underground parking lot. I used the Mazda-branded Wash&Wax solution (was a part of this kit, costs around $15 Canadian).

IMG_8258.JPG

Also bought some trim covers from Aliexpress. Really liked the ones for the rear vents and the cup holders. (If you decide to get one for the rear vents make sure it doesn't block the armrest.) At first I didn't love the one for the glove box but it's growing on me. I had to use an extra piece of double-sided tape for the handle (the rest was fine) as the one it comes with wasn't strong enough.

So I ordered more trim covers for the gear panel and window switches (also the air vents and the speaker grilles on the A-pillar) If you order from the same seller they tend to give you discounts.

IMG_8204.JPGIMG_8203.JPGIMG_8202.JPG

Handwashed it for the first time as I discovered that there is a hose in my underground parking lot. I used the Mazda-branded Wash&Wax solution (was a part of this kit, costs around $15 Canadian)
View attachment 317244

Also bought some trim covers from Aliexpress. Really liked the ones for the rear vents and the cup holders. (If you decide to get one for the rear vents make sure it doesn't block the armrest.) At first I didn't love the one for the glove box but it's growing on me. I had to use an extra piece of double-sided tape for the handle (the rest was fine) as the one it comes with wasn't strong enough.
So I ordered more trim covers for the gear panel and window switches (also the air vents and the speaker grilles on the A-pillar) If you order from the same seller they tend to give you discounts.
View attachment 317241View attachment 317242View attachment 317243

Wow! That's a nice surprise, eh?

The hose wasn't frozen?

After it rains, if I have the heat or AC on I am getting a musty smell. Is it time to change the cabin filter or is there anyway else I can freshen up the smell?

I've been in an underground parking garage a time or two in my life during the winter months. It sure felt like it was freezing down there!
Or may be that underground garage is heated? I’ve seen such underground garage before in other country for the luxury high-rise apartment and it even has marble floor in some walking area.

Well, I experienced my first car accident. Teenager ran a stop sign at a blind intersection and T-boned me (and I had no stop sign). Thankfully, neither parties suffered injuries.Progressive is getting me taken care of as swiftly as they can. Once I get the check I'm going to get another CX-5. Impressive how well it handled that impact! 161K miles on it and it still cranked over on the -25 F days without a whimper.

IMG_2357.jpeg

IMG_2358.jpeg

IMG_2363.jpeg

Thank you! Unfortunately they didn’t have insurance but they did run from the scene so they are being charged with a hit and run. So a REALLY good lesson for them, and boo-hoo for Progressive.
Progressive is a good insurance company, and they paid me a big money (and very reasonable amount) twice to fix two hail damages suffered by my 2016 CX-5.

Well, I experienced my first car accident. Teenager ran a stop sign at a blind intersection and T-boned me (and I had no stop sign). Thankfully, neither parties suffered injuries.Progressive is getting me taken care of as swiftly as they can. Once I get the check I'm going to get another CX-5. Impressive how well it handled that impact! 161K miles on it and it still cranked over on the -25 F days without a whimper.

View attachment 317361
View attachment 317362
View attachment 317360
Wow. Glad your ok. Looks like the doors held up well and didn't push into the passenger seat area. Good to know for any family members that ride in that passenger side. I dont know about the doors, but the hoods are solid steel.

... Unfortunately they didn’t have insurance but they did run from the scene so they are being charged with a hit and run...

Doh! Glad the cx5 kept all the energy from reaching you.

Sadly, ^^^ no insurance / hit skip seems to be the expected "norm" anymore!

Progressive is a good insurance company, and they paid me a big money (and very reasonable amount) twice to fix two hail damages suffered by my 2016 CX-5.
Glad to hear you had a good experience. That makes me feel a lot better about the whole situation. Unlike this Kona I’m in. The 4 stage heat… only stages 1, 2, and 4 work. 3 is dead. The CarPlay cuts out after about 5 minutes of use, and unplugging the phone hasn’t remedied it, nor has removing it from my iPhone and trying to set it up again. Fuel economy hasn’t surpassed 25 yet on the 2L naturally aspirated plant. One feature I like is the AWD display on the center cluster. They, like Mazda, preload torque to the rear axle from a complete stop.
Wow. Glad you’re ok. Looks like the doors held up well and didn't push into the passenger seat area. Good to know for any family members that ride in that passenger side. I dont know about the doors, but the hoods are solid steel.

Luckily I was just commuting to work, so no passengers with me. The doors from the inside didn’t look damaged at all. I didn’t realize how bad the accident was until I stepped outside of the vehicle!

Glad to hear you had a good experience. That makes me feel a lot better about the whole situation. Unlike this Kona I’m in. The 4 stage heat… only stages 1, 2, and 4 work. 3 is dead. The CarPlay cuts out after about 5 minutes of use, and unplugging the phone hasn’t remedied it, nor has removing it from my iPhone and trying to set it up again. Fuel economy hasn’t surpassed 25 yet on the 2L naturally aspirated plant. One feature I like is the AWD display on the center cluster. They, like Mazda, preload torque to the rear axle from a complete stop.

Luckily I was just commuting to work, so no passengers with me. The doors from the inside didn’t look damaged at all. I didn’t realize how bad the accident was until I stepped outside of the vehicle!
Normally the hitting noise is very loud. The right rear wheel tilted out badly on your 2015 CX-5 was the most surprising damage to me.

It’s amazing how well cars are engineered to take an impact now. Last week I saw a woman driving a Toyota C-HR pull in front of a late 90s Silverado. He was doing at least 40 mph and T-boned her drivers side much like your CX-5s passenger side. The Toyota had maybe half as much visible damage, no bent wheel kind of deal (just the doors crushed in some). All airbags deployed. She walked out with a scratch on her knee.

The Silverado? I mean, it did its job too but holy cow. Front end completely destroyed, radiator fluid pouring everywhere. Driver was knocked unconscious during the collision. He came to as my wife and I ran up to the scene. Thankfully he walked away with only concussion. I couldn’t believe the hit that C-HR took.

I remember getting my ‘13 CX-5 brand new for the safety ratings when my wife and I were planning to start our family. I’m really glad to see how well your CX-5 did. Thank you for sharing and glad you walked away from it.

All airbags deployed. She walked out with a scratch on her knee.
Toyota vehicles have 10 airbags including a driver knee airbag. A scratch on her knee could be caused by the explosion of the knee airbag?

Latest posts

Back