What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I'm not following your build (I can't have anything like that here in CA, so there is no point).
It happened due to the turbo build?
Diameters on the cranckshaft are still smooth? The notch, on the bearings, at the connecting rod are still open, or they are worn off, due to spinning?
I have worked a couple of times on engines. I have build from scratch my old bug's engine, I have repaired it's original engine, by making/modifying much bigger bearings to fit the bug engine.
Here in thw states, I have repaired a couple of engines as well.

got a 2015 gt last week. added some cheap https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) and plastidipped part of the front emblem for an evil m. will try to get updated bluetooth module replaced under warranty this week.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Brought her home and the wife has been grinning all day like I do after driving the MX-5! :D I've been a longtime member here (since 2006 when I bought my P5) but new to this section so I'll be hanging out to see what I can learn.

She is a 2016.5 GT w/Tech that we paired with the Deep Crystal Blue exterior color and Parchment interior color. Loving the color combo and both of us have never been a fan of light colored interiors. No extensive mods are planned as they have to be wife approved and it's a lease. Plans do include tinting the front door windows, all-weather mats, vent visors, rear cargo cover and rear bumper guard. At least that is all I have been authorized to do......so far. ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• CX-5 - DS Front Angle.jpeg
    CX-5 - DS Front Angle.jpeg
    753.3 KB · Views: 1,062
That is a good looking shade of blue. The CX 5's look good in dark colors. Although that could be dangerous in the Southwest.

Brought her home and the wife has been grinning all day like I do after driving the MX-5! :D I've been a longtime member here (since 2006 when I bought my P5) but new to this section so I'll be hanging out to see what I can learn.

She is a 2016.5 GT w/Tech that we paired with the Deep Crystal Blue exterior color and Parchment interior color. Loving the color combo and both of us have never been a fan of light colored interiors. No extensive mods are planned as they have to be wife approved and it's a lease. Plans do include tinting the front door windows, all-weather mats, vent visors, rear cargo cover and rear bumper guard. At least that is all I have been authorized to do......so far. ;)

attachment.php

It's a beauty jeff!!! Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13726833_10208843555779814_6697085414343046588_n1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi I'm new to the forum well today I gave her a wash after driving her yesterday from Toronto to Midland Ontario

Last edited:
Detailed in and out!
ed34e70b29f54a00ddeebbd7f7905781.jpg

It's the wife's ride and just lets say she is not as fussy as me about keeping the car clean !

Last edited:
Just got a foam cannon at work so I gave it a quick wash. Was curious if I could get away with just a pressure washer, a foam cannon soak for a few mins, a rinse, than let it air dry on the ride home. It actually did a fairly decent job taking most the dirt off for a touchless wash. I could probably get away with it more if I did it every 2-3 weeks after I wax it again.

zkPYyZi.jpg

That is a good looking shade of blue. The CX 5's look good in dark colors. Although that could be dangerous in the Southwest.

Yes it is. It wasn't even on our radar initially. She was thinking red or silver and two Friday nights ago we took a walk around the lot and she saw this color and it jumped to the top of the list even with it being dusk and the car not being detailed. Yeah, def. not a good choice for the SW, although the interior would be.

It's a beauty jeff!!! Congrats!!

Thanks Mark!

Detailed in and out! It's the wife's ride and just lets say she is not as fussy as me about keeping the car clean!

Looking good! I think this is the first pic I've seen of Robin's whip.

I posted a pick right after we bought it two yrs ago, when it was new...most often it's not the nicest looking of the Mazda corral![emoji6]

I posted a pick right after we bought it two yrs ago, when it was new...most often it's not the nicest looking of the Mazda corral![emoji6]

tsk tsk, for shame. You let her sit in the corner all dirty while you primp the MSM and ND. hahahaha

I'll have to drag the step stool out to wash her, haven't done that since we traded the MPV in. At least the Miata is easy to wash.

Worse than that here...

Worse than that here! One week ago today...I SOLD IT!

See you joined in the fun in this section Jeff. Hope you get to enjoy it occasionally, Robyn basically drives ours all the time (her 8 is pining in the garage).

Detailed in and out! It's the wife's ride and just lets say she is not as fussy as me about keeping the car clean !

Neither is mine, unfortunately. I always have my work cut out for me when I first get home.

Got a chip in the hood fixed today. When we picked her up it was overcast and they had the car pulled inside the service area so we didn't see it until later that afternoon when the sun was out. Young Mazda was very good about it though. On Wednesday we dropped her off for the Xzilon treatment inside and out and they attempted to fix it. It came out ok but to us it wasn't as good as we wanted it to be. We talked with the sales manager and he told us to stop in today as they have an outside guy who comes in to specifically fix rock chips, etc. A half hour later and you can hardly see it and we know where to look! Needless to say but we are quite happy with the outcome.

See you joined in the fun in this section Jeff. Hope you get to enjoy it occasionally, Robyn basically drives ours all the time (her 8 is pining in the garage).

Hey Mike! Yeah, we finally decided to get one. Tam has wanted a CX-5 for a few years now but we didn't want to make a car payment so we kept putting it off. She let me drive her a couple of times today. Not sure how often I'll be able to drive her to work though. haha

Have had my 2016.5 CX-5 Touring for about 4 months now. Recently replaced all bulbs with LEDs. Nice effect, although the for the internal bulbs, the Corksport LED kit is rediculously bright.

As for recent mods, just got the vehicle tinted. Went for 15% on the rear, and 35% for the front. Minnesota law requires 50%, but why even waste your money going that light. I should have gone darker on the front windows, but I'd rather not attract any extra attention from the Feds.

Here is a photo after I installed the LEDs. I'll post an outdoor shot when it is daylight again.

Been doing a few little things inside and out on our new-to-us '14 CX5 Touring. I've never in my life had a car this new, so I want to keep it as nice as I can, considering our 6-year old rides in it. (whistle)

Yesterday I went over the headlight lenses with Meguiar's DACP on my random orbital, then Meguiar's headlight protectant, then some Klasse All-In-One, then another coat of the headlight protectant. Hopefully with regular application, that will help prevent the lenses from turning all yellow and cloudy like on so many other cars from the last few years. I also installed new Bosch Icon wipers up front (best wipers ever!), plugged a screw puncture in one tire, replaced a tire stem valve core with a bent pin, replaced 3 N2 valve caps with 4 new black aluminum caps, and changed the filthy cabin air filter (finally found a Wix filter locally at O'Reilly).

Today I gave my Integra some attention (tire rotation, plugged a screw on that one also, replaced missing distributor bolts) but then on the CX5 I cleaned the front and rear glass and applied a coat of RainX at both ends.

Back