What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I put these into my 2013 (I have HID already)

NplZvTs.jpg

I didn't realise how fiddly the washer filler side would be o_0

^^^ Product details? How are they working out?

I ordered (UK) from this link
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016W35M6K/

Genuine SAMSUNG 2835 LED chip from South Korea (Certificated).
P13W (PSX26W / SH23W / 12277) LED Light lamp bulb:

I wanted them to be whiter and brighter than the halogens, but I have HID so they're in no way a replacement for those. I chose these ones because they'd included a load resistor in them.

They've been in 2 days now and I'm very pleased. In midday sun I can see them reflected on the rear of cars in front of me, so I guess I can be seen.

Good DRLs :)

Last edited:
I did a few small things to my CX-5 recently;

Swapped the existing JBL dash speakers for some kicker 41KSC354s. The JBLs were a million times better than the stock Bose speakers but could be a bit too 'in-your-face' sometimes. The Kickers are much smoother sounding and slightly quieter than the JBLs.

IMG_2678_zpswkxno6kk.jpg

IMG_2680_zpswjfzfuqv.jpg

The Kickers are on the left and are around a centimetre taller than the JBLs (right) but fitted without a hitch, except for having to trim a couple of plastic 'pegs' on the dashboard.

IMG_2684_zpsmglngi9a.jpg

Whilst I had the speaker grill up I ran the cable permanently to use my latest gadget - a HUD (head-up display)!

IMG_2696_zps2si9sqzi.jpg

IMG_2705_zps4xuioodm.jpg

Difficult to photograph but it looks amazing!

Next up was cupholders - it's been one of my only gripes with this car that there's only one front cupholder for us Brits and I'd been using a vent-mount cupholder which had broken one of the vents, so I bought a screw-in folding one and fitted it on the centre console;

IMG_2686_zpsikvobbi5.jpg

IMG_2687_zpskrr2dkek.jpg

Not the most attractive thing in the world but should prove useful!

Finally, I didn't want to see those nice JBLs go to waste so I decided to fit them in the D-pillars in place of the stock speakers
IMG_2718_zps0rxelozj.jpg

Tiny, tinny Bose on the left and JBL on the right. It was a very easy installation and just needed the boot trim panels loosening to allow the speaker trim to be removed. They sound much better than the Bose speakers but are very quiet, probably because of the Bose amp only supplying a watt or two to the speaker!

Where did you get this? Did you use self tappers?

Ziggity, the cupholder is from Amazon

Amazon.co.uk Cupholder (Prime) - 5.90 but is fulfilled by Amazon if you have Prime

Cupholder alternative seller - This one looks identical and is cheaper at 2.78 with free delivery but not fulfilled by Amazon

The kit includes four short (roughly 2cm) long self-tapping screws but I decided to use longer ones along with some washers to help spread the weight across the panel instead of pulling on the screws. It's made of good quality plastic and seems like it should last a while (although not exactly expensive to replace!) I took the gearlever panel off when I fitted it to make sure the screws wouldn't interfere with anything behind the panel, there's an inch or two between the panel and anything else.

Last night after dinner I installed the WeahterTech vent visors. Waited until today to take some pics since she needed a bath first. First set of WeatherTech that I have bought and install was simple. I was scared I was going to snap them when bending them into place. I also had to use some double sided tape on the back edge of the front window visors. When I lowered the windows and released the pressure off of that back edge it would fall back and the window would hit it and stop when I tried to raise them. Easy enough fix but something I think WeatherTech should have discovered during the research phase. Opted for the dark color vs. the light color.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Finn - WeatherTech Vent Visors2.jpeg
    Finn - WeatherTech Vent Visors2.jpeg
    711.1 KB · Views: 4,143
  • Finn - WeatherTech Vent Visors.jpeg
    Finn - WeatherTech Vent Visors.jpeg
    394.4 KB · Views: 3,770
  • Finn - WeatherTech Vent Visors1.jpeg
    Finn - WeatherTech Vent Visors1.jpeg
    710 KB · Views: 3,670
Last night after dinner I installed the WeahterTech vent visors. Waited until today to take some pics since she needed a bath first. First set of WeatherTech that I have bought and install was simple. I was scared I was going to snap them when bending them into place. I also had to use some double sided tape on the back edge of the front window visors. When I lowered the windows and released the pressure off of that back edge it would fall back and the window would hit it and stop when I tried to raise them. Easy enough fix but something I think WeatherTech should have discovered during the research phase. Opted for the dark color vs. the light color.

Did you leave the windows up for 12 hours like they say to do for windows with the auto-up feature? With regular windows you roll them up/down about 5 times or something, but on auto-up windows they say to just roll it up once and leave it up for 12 hours.

Did you leave the windows up for 12 hours like they say to do for windows with the auto-up feature? With regular windows you roll them up/down about 5 times or something, but on auto-up windows they say to just roll it up once and leave it up for 12 hours.

Yup and why I did it last night. Knew the car would be sitting in the garage over night so no temptation to drive with them down. I installed the rears first and did the 5x up/down and no issues. Got to the DS and when I went to put the window up it hit the visor and automatically went down. The only way I could get the window to go all the way up was to physically pull the visor away so the window would clear it. The PS front did the same thing. I honestly don't see how letting them sit for 12hrs would change anything since there was no tape on them. After 12hrs, put the window down and the visor would naturally *fall* in the way again.

We drove her for the first time in the dark! All I can say is the tech package was worth the money, these LED headlights are nice and bright. My wife is very happy. :)

Odd, I thought all WeatherTech visors had tape.

I thought it was odd as I thought all WeatherTech visors didn't require tape. The rear visors came with tape along the top edge which was a surprise to me.

New tires on our CX-5 this weekend! Went with the Sumitomo HTR Enhance L/X (I think), for a total of $500 installed, and then also got the car aligned for good measure. Found out the Firestone store near my house has a flush in-ground alignment rack, which will be great for my lowered Integra!

0BC85BAA-3389-45E2-89E6-8923FC4F3055_zps2hol9d8q.jpg

8A0307D4-4E04-43DF-BB8B-EE1A3895378F_zps1io2agll.jpg

Installed a CURT 13127 Class 3 Trailer Hitch for my bike rack, a kuat sherpa. With the bike rack folded up, the cargo door is able to open with about 1 or 2mm to spare!

Hello, all! Picked up my new CX-5 on the 14th, tech package and iActive, and have just discovered this forum. Since then have done the following:
1. Signed a lot of paperwork so I can pay through the nose for the rest of my life on this car, cost darned near as much as my first house
2. Added the all-weather mats, cargo cover and door sill plates, those will be installed next Tuesday, the 50% for filling out the Costco survey came in handy on the accessory purchases
3. Added my custom locking inside the rear compartment behind the rear seats. This had been built for my Kia Rondo, one criteria for the new car was that the box would fit
4. Figured out a way, thanks to my wife, to use Command Strips to attach the Ram mount for my cell phone
5. Filled my tank for the second time yesterday, showing 24.7 mpg mostly stop-and-go driving

Liking what I am seeing so far, quite a change from the 2007 Kia Rondo with 206,600 miles that it replaced.

1000 mi engine is in. Even at 1000 mi the intake mani had oil all in it, and you could clearly see a layer or crap on the valve.

Back