What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I got flat tire on the way back from Vegas in the CX5. We did a little off roading between Jean and Primm, NV. If all you Californians are looking to avoid that miserable traffic out of Vegas right before the state line, you can't. This road is for off road cars with off road tires. It's fun to drive, but there's that risk of a flat. All the time I saved was burnt up and more changing the tire and plugging the hole.

Dang that sucks.

I just brought her home today! 2015 CX-5 FWD Touring. Ordered a Corksport intake and WeatherTech In Channel Window Visors. Going to get some good floor mats. I like the WeatherTech ones but they are $315 bones... Might go cheaper. What do you folks prefer? This is my wife's daily driver and my weekend corner carver =). Also thinking about exhaust but I own sport bikes and might haul a small trailer here and there. I don't want to lose low end torque. Should I worry or no?

Here is my super proud wife with the new ride.
ugrqM7Nl.jpg

Hi! Nice colour!(the car)😊

Markku

Replaced my existing Kenwood DNX6990HD, with a DNX9990HD. Ran video cable, for side view camera.
Ordered a Mini 0803 w/GPS dash cam.

Based on personal experience, I am very wary of engine mounts. That's why this interests me very much.

What does it improve over the stock mount in AT?

I'm getting mine at the end of the month. Most likely it is not that significant by itself, but I have stiffened other parts of my chassis/suspension so I think it will have a good effect. I'll report back.

Popped in yellow fog lights tonight

26fdad00171791c28ce01b46ed316a9f.jpg

I would like to do this when the temps get in the positive range. What bulbs did you get? Would you recommend them or now that you see it would you get something different?

No snow here in FL but I think we're going to take the kids to find some this winter. Donuts in the snow are on my to do list when we go.

Once you've done it, it gets pretty boring pretty fast. I think I was over it by the time I was 19.

I still have fun pushing the limits of various motorsports and skiing but mindlessly spinning in circles just doesn't do anything for me.

No, but I'm not 12 years old either.
I've never been in a position to try a donut in the snow so I wouldn't know, that is why I ask. But s*** if 12 year olds do donuts in cars in the snow, then w/e guess I'm a 12 year old. I'm sorry that you consider yourself old and having fun is something that only kids can do. I do not want to feel that way when I get older.

Once you've done it, it gets pretty boring pretty fast. I think I was over it by the time I was 19.

I still have fun pushing the limits of various motorsports and skiing but mindlessly spinning in circles just doesn't do anything for me.
Yea, I've never tried it (no snow). As far as circles, well I just picked up ice skating so I spend a fair amount of time going in a circle lol. I'm 25 and there are still some things I still enjoy that I did at 12.. snow/ice sports are one of them. I'm working my way up to various motorsports. I drove side car motorcycle at an instructors friends museum/airstrip/ranch and I kind of want a motorcycle now (plus all the older pilot seem to ride/used to ride bikes).

I've never been in a position to try a donut in the snow so I wouldn't know, that is why I ask. But s*** if 12 year olds do donuts in cars in the snow, then w/e guess I'm a 12 year old. I'm sorry that you consider yourself old and having fun is something that only kids can do. I do not want to feel that way when I get older.

The best way to feel when you get older is one of self awareness and self criticism at the stupid things you did when you were younger.

I've done donuts in my infiniti, wrx, and cx5. The most fun was in the g with all the nannies off, subaru just felt planted, and cx5 (mine is 2wd) doesn't roll that much, but I also found it's not as fun as the infiniti for donuts. I'm 31, and anyone who tells me it's a stupid thing to do, or berates someone else for it..well. I could continue but you get the point. That person must be fun to be around.

I've done donuts in my infiniti, wrx, and cx5. The most fun was in the g with all the nannies off, subaru just felt planted, and cx5 (mine is 2wd) doesn't roll that much, but I also found it's not as fun as the infiniti for donuts. I'm 31, and anyone who tells me it's a stupid thing to do, or berates someone else for it..well. I could continue but you get the point. That person must be fun to be around.

Yea one of my friends offered me to me go into her horse arena (after she tried to take her civic I there lol) but it was too muddy and poopy.. I'll stick with snow or light (dry) dirt lol

Back