Turbo with an automatic?

I’m wondering since the sport shift 4 speed has taller gears if it would work with a turbo? I know the mazdaspeed ecu can only work with a manual. Could I use a piggyback on the stock mp5 ECU?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that your best guess for getting an answer will either be to use the search and read old posts, or to join a more active "tuner" group like some of the ones on Facebook. I think the majority of people on here own P5s are daily drivers, and aren't going to be able to answer a question as specific as yours about tuning. Good luck!

@BenjiHoggi Love your posts but got to say...Few places on the net have as much Protege-based information than right here on Mazdas247. Remember we've been around since 2001, in fact we used to use the domain "Protege5.com" for the Forums. 😁

@MuffinMan06 I would definitely search our archive of threads going back to the early 2000s...Not only will you find a treasure trove of P5 information here, you will also find related Protege/MP3/MSP threads that may also provide answers.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there are Members here (either active or lurking) that can shed some light on the OP (Hmm wonder if @323 has info)...Perhaps they will chime in here...Regarding uncommon questions, let's try to do our best to answer them directly or at least point to related threads/posts from Mazdas247.

Did a quick search and founds these threads that may have some value for you...

Thanks and keep us updated if you can, @MuffinMan06 (y)

@BenjiHoggi Love your posts but got to say...Few places on the net have as much Protege-based information than right here on Mazdas247. Remember we've been around since 2001, in fact we used to use the domain "Protege5.com" for the Forums. 😁

@MuffinMan06 I would definitely search our archive of threads going back to the early 2000s...Not only will you find a treasure trove of P5 information here, you will also find related Protege/MP3/MSP threads that may also provide answers.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there are Members here (either active or lurking) that can shed some light on the OP (Hmm wonder if @323 has info)...Perhaps they will chime in here...Regarding uncommon questions, let's try to do our best to answer them directly or at least point to related threads/posts from Mazdas247.

Did a quick search and founds these threads that may have some value for you...

Thanks and keep us updated if you can, @MuffinMan06 (y)
I’m thinking about doing this over summer as a project. Don’t be surprised if I realize I’m in over my head. Maybe I should stick to FSZE cams and a tune.

Yeah I was going to suggest a post Antoine already shared.

Back