WTB: Auto MSP ECU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Partyman10195

:
2003 Protege5
I am fairly new to the whole tuning scene but wanted to turbo my automatic 2003 protege5. If anyone has an auto ecu from a turboed msp that would be great. make me an offer

As I said, fairly new to the scene. I have little idea what I would be doing so simple suggestions would help greatly. Where would I start in terms of ecu's then for my vehicle? And what would the ssafc do?

SSAFC is a Split Second Air Fuel Controller. Lots of guys use it. Piggyback system. I don't know much about it.

get rid of the auto tranny.. its pretty pointless to boost and auto.. quite a waste of $$$ IMHO

ssafc controls your air fuel mix allowing you to control your rich/leanness of the car.. best way to go is to get a piggy back that allows you to also tune ignition timing..

Last edited:
I hate to add to this but unless you have 4.5k to sink into a lentech transmission, don't bother boosting your auto. I did and I wish I could have all that money and time back. I loved the experience and I learned a lot but it's not worth it. Mine is a deturbo'd daily now.

get rid of the auto tranny.. its pretty pointless to boost and auto.. quite a waste of $$$ IMHO

Really it depends on your over all goals.. You can build the trans to hold a proven amount of power and abuse that the mtx cant' Either way your looking at buidlign up the trans to hold any good amount of power auto or mtx. You have more proven options with the auto then the mtx via lentech. Then again most people look down on a auto. if i had to do it all over again i would just just built my auto p5 then get my MSP. but liek anything its all about personal preference.

Edit: just checked lentechs site and man did they remove a lot of the information they used to have on it off.

I hate to add to this but unless you have 4.5k to sink into a lentech transmission, don't bother boosting your auto. I did and I wish I could have all that money and time back. I loved the experience and I learned a lot but it's not worth it. Mine is a deturbo'd daily now.

Really 4.5k? The last time I looked into it cost a hell of a lot less to do that with shipping.. I got a estimate with everything out the door to hold over 275whp kit and it was liek 2.8k out the door. Must of really went up in prices in roughly the past 5 years. I had my mtx trans rebuilt with new master and slave clutch seleniods and it cost the insurennce company and myself a little under 2.9k and this trans will no way in hell hold upto that amount of power.

Last edited:
I was talking about their strip terminator trans. The 500 HP one. You're right though. I was just giving my personal opinion after having been through it all myself... And good luck tuning without a standalone on an auto. Only one person I know has got the SSAFC to work with an auto.

I was talking about their strip terminator trans. The 500 HP one. You're right though. I was just giving my personal opinion after having been through it all myself... And good luck tuning without a standalone on an auto. Only one person I know has got the SSAFC to work with an auto.

True but either way you go to get a really good tune your going to have to go with a standalone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back