Turbo question.

02MazPro5

:
02 Protege5
I have been wondering this, is there a benefit to putting your turbo right at the manifold? I've seen a couple of turboed cars have the turbo where the mufler normally goes and they just run the oil lines and IC piping from under the car. Is there a reason for this? Will it keep the turbo cooler? Which is the best setup and why?

02MazPro5 said:
I have been wondering this, is there a benefit to putting your turbo right at the manifold? I've seen a couple of turboed cars have the turbo where the mufler normally goes and they just run the oil lines and IC piping from under the car. Is there a reason for this? Will it keep the turbo cooler? Which is the best setup and why?
Google Squire Turbo Systems, they explain why they think a remote mount is best (they market remote mount kits)

The power from the turbocharger is based on the difference on the temp difference between the intake air and the exhaust. So further meens colder and therefore less potential to power. Also more complecated oil line, with a need of a oil catch tank and a pump is needed for a remote mount turbo. I think these r the main farctors y I prefer a standard kit.

Back