Need help with 2012 Mazda5 6-speed manual transmission G66M-R teardown

Hello,
I’m looking for any help or input for tear down of a 2012 mazda5 6-speed manual transmission G66M-R.

The transmission developed a ticking noise in the differential area. I have already removed the transmission and pulled rear cover, I plan to split the case in the next couple of days. Nothing obvious so far.

I bought a shop manual online, it is fairly basic and it does not cover the transmission disassembly.
If you have recommendation for a shop manual which does cover the 6-speed manual transmission, please let me know, this would be really useful.

Thanks - Zoltan

Last edited:
Did you find a good manual or online source for this transmission teardown? I'm looking into working on mine.
Mike

No I have not - I pulled apart the transmission to see if there anything obvious, but I just bought a new one, I have keep the old one, up until a couple of weeks ago.

No I have not - I pulled apart the transmission to see if there anything obvious, but I just bought a new one, I have keep the old one, up until a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks for ther response. I haven't seen any used ones lately so I thought I'd try to take it apart and fix it.

Thank you but unfortunately it doesn't have the tear down/ rebuild of the transmission. 🙁 I might just have to try to figure it out from the parts diagram.
Have you been able to find one? Or perhaps any luck in just breaking it down yourself?

Have you been able to find one? Or perhaps any luck in just breaking it down yourself?
I was able to get it broke down to order parts. I struggled a little too get it apart with the shifter forks and took a few things apart that might work better in a different order. I don't feel I'll have my parts by this weekend but I might experiment on trying to reassemble it so hopefully when I do get them it goes smoothly. I would recommend taking the nuts off the shafts(under the small cover) and taking the bearing and gears off before splitting the case.

Okay, I might have to take a look this weekend myself- appreciate it! What website did you use for parts? I went and picked up a transmission, because I'm pretty sure my current one might be toast, but I want to try to rebuild the old one if I can as backup. Also, does your case have G611-3 and G601 2-1? The salvage place I went to said that the trans I picked up was L5-VE 6 speed and might be for a mazda 5, but the case has G611-1 and G601 1-1 with no metallic tag to determine. I think it might be a Mazda 6.

Def let me know what you find on the ticking on yours though!

Latest posts

Back