TSB out in Canada for hood and mirror shake.

Hi,

im from MTL to, who's your dealer?
Do you know the The TSB number?

Thx!

Well im actually in Valleyfield, got my car at Albi but i do my services at Mazda Caron in Valleyfield.
I dont have a TSB number but i will get it on the 3rd on my appointment.

Well im actually in Valleyfield, got my car at Albi but i do my services at Mazda Caron in Valleyfield.
I dont have a TSB number but i will get it on the 3rd on my appointment.

al right, let me know when you have it please! I'm from Boucherville, south shore of MTL.

ya i got mine in Chambly but i have called local in Montreal and no one is aware i called MAzdaCanada they say there is a fix but don't know the service number...

ya i got mine in Chambly but i have called local in Montreal and no one is aware i called MAzdaCanada they say there is a fix but don't know the service number...

Here is the mail i got from Mazda Canada, it's in french so sorry for those who cant read it.

Bonjour Mr. Proulx,

Nous apprcions votre intrt envers Mazda Canada Inc. Nous encourageons la correspondance de notre clientle.

Pour les vibration du mirroir et capot, il y a une reparation sorti. Tu dois just amener votre auto aux concessionaire et ils vont les instaler. Pour le niveau de consomation, il y a plusieurs facteur qui l'influence et le numero donner est base sur une certaine facons de conduire et les routes qui conduise dessus.

Merci,

Jean-Claude
Relations a la Clienteles
Mazda Canada Inc.

Here is the mail i got from Mazda Canada, it's in french so sorry for those who cant read it.

Bonjour Mr. Proulx,

Nous apprcions votre intrt envers Mazda Canada Inc. Nous encourageons la correspondance de notre clientle.

Pour les vibration du mirroir et capot, il y a une reparation sorti. Tu dois just amener votre auto aux concessionaire et ils vont les instaler. Pour le niveau de consomation, il y a plusieurs facteur qui l'influence et le numero donner est base sur une certaine facons de conduire et les routes qui conduise dessus.

Merci,

Jean-Claude
Relations a la Clienteles
Mazda Canada Inc.

My French is really rusty, but I believe it basically says "take it to your dealer and they'll fix it for you"

I've been looking for this hood shake and mirror vibration in my CX-5 but I've not seen a hint of it.

Maybe it's only in the early builds. Mine was built around August 2012.

I've been looking for this hood shake and mirror vibration in my CX-5 but I've not seen a hint of it.

Maybe it's only in the early builds. Mine was built around August 2012.

Like you said maybe they fix it right on they assembly line after a few month's of production.
I got mine the 5th of april, so it's probably at the beginning of production.

I had my first visit to the dealer three days ago and complained about the rattle in the dash and the shaky driver side mirror. Dealer ordered part to fix both issues. Apparently, it'll take 3 days to get the part in. I have to return to the dealer this coming Friday to get the part installed. I didn't get the chance to obtain the TSB but it looks like it's already out based on the service invoice I got (see attachment).

Attachments

• Service Invoice.jpg
    Service Invoice.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 451
I had my first visit to the dealer three days ago and complained about the rattle in the dash and the shaky driver side mirror. Dealer ordered part to fix both issues. Apparently, it'll take 3 days to get the part in. I have to return to the dealer this coming Friday to get the part installed. I didn't get the chance to obtain the TSB but it looks like it's already out based on the service invoice I got (see attachment).

Did you happen to get the name of the parts for both? I am going to my dealer tomorrow and would like to give them as much info as possible regarding these items.

Did you happen to get the name of the parts for both? I am going to my dealer tomorrow and would like to give them as much info as possible regarding these items.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to get the Info of the parts. I will get the info when I return this Friday and will post back.

Update: I returned my car for the dash rattle and side mirror fix. Turns out, the part for the side mirror is in backorder and will take 4 to 8 weeks to arrive. With regards to the dash rattle, it was fixed and there was no part required. I spoke to the mechanic and he indicated that the issue I have was different than the TSB I found here for the dash rattle. He had to take the dash down and insert a foam in place where there was a metal contact (don't ask me where). The rattle is gone. For the side mirror, dealer will call me once the part arrives.

Back