TSB out in Canada for hood and mirror shake.

Hello cx-5 European owners! Is there anyone who got fixed the driver's vibrating mirror at their Mazda's local dealer ?

I have the exact same issue with my 2014 CX-5 Touring and both Mazda customer service and my dealer decline ownership of the problem. Although the 2013 model have already issued a TSB (Bulletin No: 09-002/13) they act like it's tottaly new from them. To make the matter worst, C.S. stated that "The dealership technician determined that your vehicle was operating within the manufacture specifications and operated similarly to other same year and model vehicles from their inventory." so...it's final...it was design to shake. In TSB it's stated that the problem it's caused by "wind pressure" and the fix is fix is "new reinforcement onto the side impact bar-lower and door panel to increase rigidity of the door panel where the power door mirror is located". We will see how soon this will be corrected for the model year 2014.

Thanks.

Been noticing vibration/shake on side mirrors + inside mirror + hood when driving my 2014 CX-5

Me too. Built on 12/12.

Mine was a June '12 build, August '12 delivery. Driver's side mirror vibrated at speed since new. Reported problem prior to 4 month scheduled maintenance (December). New mirror assembly installed without effect. Reported problem prior to April '13 scheduled maintenance and supplied latest TSB (mirror assembly and door interior brace). Parts ordered and repair done in June without effect. Responded honestly to Mazda Canada email survey on "your recent service experience". Got a call from local service two days later wanting the car for the day as soon as possible to revisit the repair with input from Mazda technical.

No idea what was done, but the problem is fixed.

Brian

I had the "fix" done around 2 months ago and my mirror was replaced, but it hasn't gotten rid of the issue. The dealer said that I already have the brace installed in the door because of my production date (I haven't taken the door off to verify it) but I'm going to try a different dealer next time I need to bring it in for service and see if they can fix it.

Back