TSB out in Canada for hood and mirror shake.

Exspeedaway

:
Mazda CX5 dark grey
I have an appointment the 18th of december for the driver side mirror and a repair for the hood shaking at hwy speed.

The service guy told me that they need to change the mirror assy completely and as for the hood it's got something to do with glue.

They told me they need to keep my CX5 overnight for some glue to dry at least 6 hours.

When i get my car back i will try to know a bit more about that glue thing.

BTW be gentle on spelling and grammar, im french-Canadian and i do my best here (lol2)

Last edited:
Good info, thanks for preliminary report.

We heard earlier about the hood issue related to glue or bonding.

I have an appointment the 18th of december for the driver side mirror and a repair for the hood shaking at hwy speed.

The service guy told me that they need to change the mirror assy completely and as for the hood it's got something to do with glue.

They told me they need to keep my CX5 overnight for some glue to dry at least 6 hours.

When i get my car back i will try to know a bit more about that glue thing.

BTW be gentle on spelling and grammar, im french-Canadian and i do my best here (lol2)

Do you have a copy of the TSB

No i dont, i will try to get it the 18th.

I email's with a technical representant of Mazda Canada and is the one that told me about the TSB.

He said all i had to do is take an appointment with my dealer and they will fix both problem (mirror and hood)

My dealer didn't even knew about it until i show them my print conversation with one of their technical representant.

They start to dig a bit more in their system and finally found out about the 2 TSB.

Merci for the info!
Now if only they would do us the same courtesy in the US and publish the TSB for us to see.

I am going for my oil change tomorrow and will ask them of this TSB. I am also in Canada (Ontario).

I am taking my CX-5 in tomorrow morning into the dealer for the mirror fix; I had my hood fixed about 3 months ago and it did fix the hood "bouncing" issue. I'm hoping the mirror fix does the job.
Other than that, I'm loving the ride (cabpatch).

Thanks for the info.
I called my dealer and they have no idea they said if I can provide them the TSB number they will fix it.
so soon as someone can find it please post it thanks.

Thanks for the info.
I called my dealer and they have no idea they said if I can provide them the TSB number they will fix it.
so soon as someone can find it please post it thanks.

I will do as soon as i get it...(2thumbs)

Funny on the day I picked up my car I noticed the hood and mirror shake. Since then not so much...I mainly do city driving and don't get going that fast most of the time. This last weekend, I had it on the highway between 80-120 Km/h and it seemed pretty smooth. A bit of motion on the mirror, but not a lot. Some of that, no doubt, is to fresh pavement, it will probably shake worse after a few thousand cars have cracked and bumped the road surface back to its previous state. Anyway, I'm certainly going to ask for the TSB service to be done (if available) as I'd rather get any work done during the warranty phase and not years down the road. But the purpose of my post, has anyone else noticed the problem going away, or is it my speculation that I didn't notice it because the highway was freshly paved?

Checking to see if anyone got the info they were looking for after their service? Mine goes in next week.

According to this guys in Australia:
"Just an update on TSB's for the CX-5..

I guess it was to be expected being 'all new', but boy, they are flooding in..
Around 25+ TSB's so far..

From, rattles, to leaks, to tail gate opener getting water inside and not working, seat rattles, MIL Lights (CEL) DTC, Brake warning light, Parking sensor issues, CAN com errors......it goes on and on.."

Im wondering if the tail gate opener water issue is my problem...

Funny on the day I picked up my car I noticed the hood and mirror shake. Since then not so much...I mainly do city driving and don't get going that fast most of the time. This last weekend, I had it on the highway between 80-120 Km/h and it seemed pretty smooth. A bit of motion on the mirror, but not a lot. Some of that, no doubt, is to fresh pavement, it will probably shake worse after a few thousand cars have cracked and bumped the road surface back to its previous state. Anyway, I'm certainly going to ask for the TSB service to be done (if available) as I'd rather get any work done during the warranty phase and not years down the road. But the purpose of my post, has anyone else noticed the problem going away, or is it my speculation that I didn't notice it because the highway was freshly paved?

I dont use hwy on my commute to work, but 2 week's ago i did a 500km trips mostly on hwy, averaging 115/125 and both the mirror and hood shake showed up again. So yes it is only a high speed problem in my case.
Just one more week before my appointement at Mazda, i will post some review about it when it's done.

Back