Transmission oil change

Caedmon7777

:
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
I am sure that this question has already been asked but how often should you change the tranny oil? and the diff oil on the 2010 MS3? The owners manual only says what type of oil but not how often. People say 40K, 50K, 60K? Opinions are appreciated

It should be in your Cars service manual in the glove box. If not, call the dealership and ask. And then take 5,000-10,000 miles off of that. But I plan on doing mine at 20k, 40k, and 60k miles.

It's not it the 2010 MZ3 owner's manual or the service schedules. It's not in the 2010 MZ3/MS3 shop service manual. This has been discussed in other threads and on other forums.

If I'm going to replace it with a 'better' fluid, I might do my first change at 15K miles. Otherwise, somewhere between 20-30K miles. From what I can tell, most manual tranny fluid tends to come out as or almost as clean as it goes in, so it's hard to judge by appearance alone.

when putting new transmission oil in,is there a bolt on top of the gear box where it goes?or do you put it in where the level plug is?thanks for any help

Back