Tire recommendations?

T8TRG8TR

I need some new tires for my MP3, and I was wondering what you guys recommended? I don't want to spend a lot of money, so I'm really looking for some good reliable tires, and not too worried about performance.

There are a lot of high performance all season and summer tires for around $100 and less per tire (depends on your tire size)- Kumho Ecsta, Toyo Proxes 4, Hankook Ventus. Some tires will wear more quickly than others so you may end up paying more for a tire replacement sooner. Kumho Ecsta's are very inexpensive (but I don't have experience with them).

I have Toyos on my p5 and I'm happy with them. Don't remember what I paid total for mounting balancing and installation though. Make sure the shop you go to has the Hunter Roadforce balancer machine - it really gives you a smooth ride!

A good cheap long lasting tire is riken raptor (spellin may be off) we paid 110 a piece with mount and balance they were on her car when she got it and still had tread on them 3 years and 60000 miles later when we replaced them cause they were dry rotted they hook up good and handle good on dry roads they're ok ok in wet weather but not the best and do good in snow for directional street tires

Toyo Proxes 4 are garbage. Poor treadlife, average performance, NOISY -- absolutely a tire to avoid. Consider the Sumitomo HTR P01 A/S - ranked #1 in UHP tires by Consumer Reports, good treadlife, and relatively cheap.

Kumho Ecsta SPT....I've heard a lot of good things regarding this tire but may be hard to find
Hankook Ventus v12 evo...again I've heard a lot of good things about this tire and fairly new to the market
Continental Extreme Contact DW...I've had them on my car for approx 6k now and love them

But a lot will depend on your location and what you want out of the tire. Do you want a summer performance tire, a nice all-season to help get you thru mild winters, long tread life, low noise, etc.

Just to throw it in there riken raptors are horrible in snow ill be getting rid of them this summer

Toyo Proxes 4 are garbage. Poor treadlife, average performance, NOISY -- absolutely a tire to avoid. Consider the Sumitomo HTR P01 A/S - ranked #1 in UHP tires by Consumer Reports, good treadlife, and relatively cheap.

I've been using Toyo Proxes 4 for years now, and they have been the best for me as far as wet traction. Sure, the tread life isn't as good as I would want, but remember the stockers? Those things were sticky, but that comes with reduced tread wear usually. This is just my personal experience and opinion as I have never tried the Sumitomo tires.

my favourites are nitto neogen or bfg g-force. Kumho ecsta's are always good. id avoid falken, ive never had anything but problems from them.

So has T8TRG8TR even made a decision on his tires? Funny how we all put in our 2 cents but no reply from the questioner! In any case once if I had the money now my P5 would be wearing 17" x 7.5 Rays Gram Lights wrapped in Bridgestone RE11s (215 40 R17). That would be fun (but expensive!).

Back