The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

LOL, if you want to talk about dipping your whole car Evan is the one to talk to! ^^^^
Did someone say Plastidip?
I helped a buddy do his, pretty simple affair really. Hardest part was peeling them after he was done. Any specific questions?

Well since this is an Ohio thread and I live in Ohio maybe someone could help me out? I have an 03.5 that I bought non-running. I don't know much about the car. And was wondering if anyone in this thread is knowledgeable on this car and would be willing to give me a hand in finding out what this car needs and help me get it running? Thanks Chris.

Did you buy another one, you are an MSP'aholic! I can relate, had two of em' myself!!!

Well, I want to do my wheels because they are bland and not looking great, plus I don't want to spend a lot of money, and I've read a little about them. Sounds like a cheap alternative to a real paint job, plus it's removable

In my experience it was easy to spray, requires frequent cleaning for lighter colors, moderately painstaking to peel but is fairly durable. If I had any recommendations it would be stick to darker colors, make sure the wheels are as clean as you can get them, and 5-6 light coats (maybe more). I used 3 1/2 cans for 4 wheels but would have used all 4 if one can didn't clog internally. I've had some accent areas dipped on the front of my 5 since mid summer and it has held up through all the wintery madness. Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Last edited:
And Nate, I can get back to you on price for golf/footgolf around May.

Sounds good, I'm thinking somthing towards the end of Summer/beggining of Fall would be good a good time.

Unless you want to return them back to how they looked before plastidip, not sure on color, or want to change the color often, I would just use spray paint. It's usually cheaper and from what I've seen more durable for wheel changes.

Last edited:
Sorry, Chuckles, didn't mean to sound like a doucher. Dip is a perfectly acceptable topic, unless THE Will Dodd is around. My buddy dipped my winter wheels black two seasons ago and they are holding up great. I dipped my dads Jeep wheels black and they look great as well. So I only have experience with the black wheel coating color and I have not tried to remove the dip yet.

How are they around the lugs? That's what I've seen/heard is the "issue" with plasti dip wheels. Maybe those people didn't apply enough? or do they make wheel specific plasti dip now?

Well for my winter wheels I only take them on/off once or twice a year. There is a little scuffing near the lugs, but I'm also careful with my nuts (tee-hee).

I will be very cautious around my nuts don't worry. So basically just clean the wheels really well and then get total coverage over a couple coats? sounds easy enough. Any brand or type I should be looking for?

It's very simple. Just like spray painting wheels. Clean them really well and wipe them down with alcohol or brake cleaner. Use some playing cards, 3x5 cards or Vegas stripper cards (below) to mask off the tires. And go to town. I've heard thick coats is the way to go so it's easier to peel off, but I've never attempted to remove dip yet.

Do you have a warm area to paint them? I think the paint needs to be around 60degrees or above.

Only Evan would cover up boobies...

3/4 of those are probably fake. 1/2 are probably on a dude.

Of course maybe peeling off the plasti dip to find the boobies was Evan's hobby until he found the mx-6

looks stupid. If you want a dry sump system just get a LS7.

cuz 'Merica!

Hennessey_HPE700_TwinTurbo_Corvette_Stingray-03.jpg

Best I can do for you

Serious technical question, how does this differ from the Doc-b set-up? and what are the pros & cons of a dry sump set-up?

Last edited:
Back