The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Who's playing the PowerBall tonight? I bought one ticket, got some crappy numbers.

They aren't crappy if they are winners. ;) I'm in with 27 other people here in the office and will happily split the cash value with all of them. :D

They aren't crappy if they are winners. ;) I'm in with 27 other people here in the office and will happily split the cash value with all of them. :D

True and I would love for them to prove me wrong. I have a lot of low numbers and every time I see the winning numbers on a big jackpot there's a grouping higher numbers.

Little late for this, but I would absolutely love to do a golf outing, I could get cheap prices at the one I work at in the summer (Table Rock Golf Club) or foot golf if anyone isn't into the whole golf thing. link for anyone interested http://www.afgl.us/thesport.html

Also as of 10 minutes ago, I am legally allowed to get absolutely hammered, so yay to that.

Happy Birthday, I'm surprised your posting here and not as you said getting absolutely hammered. Or are you saving that for tonight?

The first 2 pages of a 4 page paper are due at 7 tonight, and I don't know what to write about. The excessive drinking will come Friday when I have no class.

Little late for this, but I would absolutely love to do a golf outing, I could get cheap prices at the one I work at in the summer (Table Rock Golf Club) or foot golf if anyone isn't into the whole golf thing. link for anyone interested http://www.afgl.us/thesport.html

Also as of 10 minutes ago, I am legally allowed to get absolutely hammered, so yay to that.

Happy Birthday!

It's still snowing so it's never too late to plan a golf outing! I played Table Rock what seems like forever ago and it was pretty nice. I think it would be a good place for a golf outing. I was thinking if I could get 12-16 people together we could do 2 man scramble teams either per-determined or randomly drawn before the first tee.

*Disclaimer, I thought this would be a way to raise a little bit more for my Pelotonia ride (like $5-$10 a person over green fees, I'm not greedy) and have fun doing something different

I mean I work there, and if I tell my boss that what we're doing would be going to charity, I think she would drop the price, or maybe not lol. But if people don't have the skills for normal golf, the footgolf is a cheaper and easier alternative that might attract more people (wives, girlfriends, children) since the only real skill is kicking a ball far.

I mean I work there, and if I tell my boss that what we're doing would be going to charity, I think she would drop the price, or maybe not lol. But if people don't have the skills for normal golf, the footgolf is a cheaper and easier alternative that might attract more people (wives, girlfriends, children) since the only real skill is kicking a ball far.

I'm definitely interested in finding out how much it would cost.

rebecca_black___friday_by_sargatanasthrone-d3dvxpw.jpg

And 3 day weekend for me!

Last edited:
Might as well ask in here too. Anyone know of any 3D modeling/ Product Design jobs? Most of the places I have applied to are out of state, but if I could even get my foot in the door anywhere even local it would be great. Any leads would be appreciated. If anyone is curious to what I do you can check out my teaser portfolio at www.coreyplotts.com

Might as well ask in here too. Anyone know of any 3D modeling/ Product Design jobs? Most of the places I have applied to are out of state, but if I could even get my foot in the door anywhere even local it would be great. Any leads would be appreciated. If anyone is curious to what I do you can check out my teaser portfolio at www.coreyplotts.com

Send Ivan a message on facebook. He does 3D modeling IIRC

GE and its contractors are always looking for "designers" but I think what we do is a little more technical than you're looking for going off your website (seems more... organic?). What software are you familiar with. GE does a lot of work with Unigraphics.

I use Maya and Rhino. They are a mix of organic design and CAD. Everything I make in these programs can be 3D printed. I also use Zbrush, and that is completely organic.

I use Maya and Rhino. They are a mix of organic design and CAD. Everything I make in these programs can be 3D printed. I also use Zbrush, and that is completely organic.

So are you looking into getting into manufacturing-based design (i.e. not only making shapes but also defining how they're made) or more visual art type stuff? GE gets into more fluid/organic design in our airfoils but everything is very technical: taking ideal geometry from aero/thermal tools and turning that into a producible design. I know the product definition guys are always short handed down here so I'm sure they'd be looking for someone with experience.

Well since this is an Ohio thread and I live in Ohio maybe someone could help me out? I have an 03.5 that I bought non-running. I don't know much about the car. And was wondering if anyone in this thread is knowledgeable on this car and would be willing to give me a hand in finding out what this car needs and help me get it running? Thanks Chris.

Oh the joys of being on call during a snow storm (cable guy) . Just cleaning the snow off our satellite dishes, but driving in near white out conditions. I had all my beacons & emergency lights on at one point
5a716cf3bf0c4883f6469b86272ebf12.jpg

4a2e376e4b6f9b80dd1b8bd8830e6286.jpg

Has anyone ever plastidipped their wheels? I'm thinking about doing it to my wheels this summer, but I don't know the ins or outs, or the pros and cons.

Back