The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Nate, I admire your persistence in keeping this thread alive. Plans for the weekend? I actually plan not to do anything car related I'm putting together a new twin bed in preparation Ian's move to his new room so #2 can have his current, smaller room and bed.

Nate, I admire your persistence in keeping this thread alive. Plans for the weekend? I actually plan not to do anything car related I'm putting together a new twin bed in preparation Ian's move to his new room so #2 can have his current, smaller room and bed.

Sometimes it's the only thing I have to do at work.

I have some studying to do. Want to get my tax docs together, still waiting on some and need to print off some. Trip to Costco, Maybe some garage organization since it's supposed to be in upper 40's. I really need to get on the ball for Natefest and find somewhere to host it but just haven't been feeling the "car scene" lately. Also not 100% sure I'm going to do Pelotonia either, 2 kids keeps me busy.

Have thought about doing a golf outing if anyone is interested.

I have some studying to do. Want to get my tax docs together, still waiting on some and need to print off some. Trip to Costco, Maybe some garage organization since it's supposed to be in upper 40's. I really need to get on the ball for Natefest and find somewhere to host it but just haven't been feeling the "car scene" lately. Also not 100% sure I'm going to do Pelotonia either, 2 kids keeps me busy.

Have thought about doing a golf outing if anyone is interested.

I'd be into a golf outing.

Question for the MS6 guys. How is the headroom in that car? I spent Saturday car shopping and was very disappointed to find out that I don't fit in E46 or E90 3 series due to my abnormally long torso. Not sure I want to deal with a race seat on a daily basis in order to fit.
There is a beautiful 2001 M5 for sale in Tampa that I will test next weekend if its still there.
Beyond that I am very tempted at the thought of a new Mustang. A lease after the trade-in of my old beat up Trailblazer would be about $150/month on an Ecoboost with performance package (upgraded brakes, wheels, tires, suspension and radiator). Not bad, but I'd have to plan road trips to use up the whole 10,500 miles per year.

Beyond that I am very tempted at the thought of a new Mustang. A lease after the trade-in of my old beat up Trailblazer would be about $150/month on an Ecoboost with performance package (upgraded brakes, wheels, tires, suspension and radiator). Not bad, but I'd have to plan road trips to use up the whole 10,500 miles per year.

I'm sure you'll find a way to use up your miles in that thing. ;)

I know what you mean. "Building a twin bed" turned into "rearranging and cleaning a big portion of the house" this weekend. The good news is we got rid of a lot of extra crap we had lying around but the bad news is we still have 1.5 rooms that are still disaster areas. Ian was excited for the new bed but wasn't quite keen on sleeping in it yet.

A golf outing sounds fun... but I don't know how to golf, haha!

You guys have a good weekend? 40 degree weather yesterday and Saturday was such a tease, I'm ready for spring/summer

Speaking of leasing a performance car, are you still able to do track days, etc with a leased car? I don't see why not especially if you had insurance for the event. I'm considering leasing my next car as well.

Question for the MS6 guys. How is the headroom in that car? I spent Saturday car shopping and was very disappointed to find out that I don't fit in E46 or E90 3 series due to my abnormally long torso. Not sure I want to deal with a race seat on a daily basis in order to fit.
There is a beautiful 2001 M5 for sale in Tampa that I will test next weekend if its still there.

I have no issues, so you should be totally fine

I know what you mean. "Building a twin bed" turned into "rearranging and cleaning a big portion of the house" this weekend. The good news is we got rid of a lot of extra crap we had lying around but the bad news is we still have 1.5 rooms that are still disaster areas. Ian was excited for the new bed but wasn't quite keen on sleeping in it yet.

A golf outing sounds fun... but I don't know how to golf, haha!
Any little project always turns into that. It took Kennedy a little while, she was proud to show off her big girl bed to any visitors, just didn't want to sleep in it.

If it's a scramble, you only need to hit one to two decent shots per hole.
You guys have a good weekend? 40 degree weather yesterday and Saturday was such a tease, I'm ready for spring/summer
Good, Was pretty productive around the house.
The regular 6 w/ a sunroof has plenty of room, I'm sure the MS6 isn't much different. Evan #1 fits and his kinda tall and lanky.
Speaking of leasing a performance car, are you still able to do track days, etc with a leased car? I don't see why not especially if you had insurance for the event. I'm considering leasing my next car as well.
Definitely read the lease but I don't see why not.

I've joked in the past about buying a cheap miata for a track/auto-x/fun car and telling Amber she had to drive it too. She doesn't like them and said she'd never drive one. So fast forward to last night we were watching The Italian Job and she said "I'd race a Mini Cooper at a track thingy". It won't happen for a while, but there's hope!

Marlon is a tall guy and seems to fit in the Mazda 6 pretty well even with a helmet.

Wow I've missed out on a lot. Just had 2 teeth pulled so I have some more free time for the next couple of days / find a real job...

Moved Cubicles! not that exciting, my team just moved a row over to make room for a possible new person in the group we shared a row with. But there is also the possibility I might be the new person on that team and would move back into my old cubicle. It depends if my boss gets the approval to make the open position a pay grade higher.

I hate it when you try to do one nice thing to help people do their job and then they turn around and just want you to do their work for them. I don't get paid enough for that.

/end rant

I hate it when you try to do one nice thing to help people do their job and then they turn around and just want you to do their work for them and they take all the creditI don't get paid enough for that.

/end rant

fixed

Bill I have had no issues fitting in a Speed 6 at all......you should have ample leg and headroom

Bill, I was actually going to say the opposite of Pablo and Marlon. I'm 6'-1" but sit upright and my helmet rests on the headliner. And I haaaaaate the MS6 seats. Zero bolstering.

Who's playing the PowerBall tonight? I bought one ticket, got some crappy numbers.

Back