The Ohio Auto-X and Track Event chat thread

Out of the auto-x on 24th, VIR, but in for the Trackcross and of course the Autointerests event

what exactly are Tom and Andrew going to be doing at Mid Ohio?

Avoiding Miata owners, lol! They'll be providing some instruction, do ride alongs, discussing set ups, etc........coaching....They've been instructed to charge Mericans' Double

I'll bring my Colombian passport then

Are we going to have to sign up, or are they picking people at random? I'm assuming mostly for Intermediate and Advanced drivers?

Last edited:
They'll be working with Novice, Intermediate and Advanced, I will see how they want to handle it. Jason is working on the schedule for that weekend. I will let you know how it shakes out.

I'm definitely going to the track cross and mid Ohio on Labor Day
Anyone want to meet up and drive out to the track cross?

I'm definitely going to the track cross and mid Ohio on Labor Day
Anyone want to meet up and drive out to the track cross?

Mark, Evan and I are meeting @ Summit around 10 on Sunday. Which car are you bringing? Lauri may run her MS3 as well

I am bringing the E Prod car, and meeting at summit sounds good to me.

I'll bring some ear plugs and the decibel meter. ;)

Glad you'll get to run her a couple more times before the end of the year, buddy. Were you able to get an alignment on her?

Now I really should find a way to come out. Still haven't seen the beast.

Just got off of the phone with Tom and Andrew! Reservations confirmed and they'll be arriving Sunday!

I'll bring some ear plugs and the decibel meter. ;)

Glad you'll get to run her a couple more times before the end of the year, buddy. Were you able to get an alignment on her?

No I didn't do anything with the car since the spring. I want to see if the trans is ok and adjust the carb and go from there.

Chance of rain at 40% on Sunday for PittRace. God damn it, why does it always have to rain on auto-x/track days!?

I have to agree with Marc I'm not too sure I like the track. Still a good time and a good chance to get to know what the car can do. Fastest time for me was 48.575, beat the other 2 miatas so I'm happy about that :)

The track @ Pitt Race is not bad and it is not an easy track to learn, because of the elevation changes and blind spots. Once you get to know your turn in points and find a rhythm, you will get more comfortable. As Marc and I stated, it was a good place to test and tune.....I was testing suspension set ups...I think I found a happy medium for Mid-Oho.

The other good thing is that Pitt Race has ample run off, which saved a few peoples asses when they were over driving their cars!!!! All n all, a great time

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back