The Official Mazda2 Wheel Thread

My friend has them on his Miata and they look great. The fit of the 15x8" is good on the 2, the fenders as to be rolled to eliminate the rub.

He's getting a set of 15x9" next summer to fit in the rear... guess who's going to do a fit test ;) hahaha Now I want a Miata again tho :(

I love them. If they made 17's I'd be all over them. Extra sticky summer tires are available in 16's it's just that they are pricey. The Yokohama S.drive's are pretty great. Don't like em?

Oh my god those look good. A damn shame finding extra sticky summer tires are tough to find in the sizes we need on 16's.

I love them. If they made 17's I'd be all over them. Extra sticky summer tires are available in 16's it's just that they are pricey. The Yokohama S.drive's are pretty great. Don't like em?

Nope, I'm just a dumbass and had them confused for something else. They look comparable to my DZ102's with the exact same wear rating. Are they available in 205 or 225 widths with the right rolling diameter? I'm not a fan of running tires narrower than the wheels--I'm nervous about my 205's on my 15x8's.

62sQsj0.jpg

Crappy cell phone picture, but I just got my Ksport Kontrol Pro coilovers installed yesterday and adjusted the way I want 'em today. So far they're pretty damn stiff, but feel great. The car is ridiculously solid now.

I test fitted a 13x8 +4 Rota RB thanks to a CSP Miata driver after an auto-x event yesterday. It clears the brakes, it rubbed a wheel weight on the inside shell, so that would just necessitate putting weights on the inner lip. With some 225/45R13 Hoosiers it would be fun for FSP.

e5hgcpx.jpg

Well just went through this thread and couldn't find anyone running 15x7.5 +25 offset. It should work fine for the front but will I get enough camber in the rear for them to fit? Any comments would be much appreciated.

thanks

FSP Mazda 2. Man, now I'm really curious to see how this car would handle with slicks and a proper differential.

That's the plan :)

I am going to be running STF in 2015... I'm putting snow tires on stock wheels in a few weeks, need to buy another set of wheels/tires for spring/summer/fall after the snow is gone, THEN next year I'll be able to buy a third set in preparation for 2016 season.

A LSD would be nice, it will be added whenever, I want to buy a low mileage transmission and go through it/replace synchros and install a diff in that for minimal downtime.

I've been running with the Miami Valley Sports Car Club, who uses NASA classing, so I'm pretty free to do what I want since its a points system per upgrade. I'm already pretty competitive in F even though its a G class car, I bumped up for more competition.

Last edited:
25 off set front and rear will poke out heaps. It will clear though as long as you don't run silly tire sizes. Derrick from cork sport ran 15x7 25 offset as track wheels.

25 off set front and rear will poke out heaps. It will clear though as long as you don't run silly tire sizes. Derrick from cork sport ran 15x7 25 offset as track wheels.

I want this size for my autoX wheels.. Not sure what tire size I will run, but it will not be bigger the 205/50/15.

I want this size for my autoX wheels.. Not sure what tire size I will run, but it will not be bigger the 205/50/15.

You're going to want to crank in some camber with the 15x7 +25

Q6hSOmR.jpg

This is 23 1/2 inches from fender to ground and -2.5degrees. Kosei K1 15x7+25 and 205/50 Direzza ZII as shown.

If you can get a little more camber, it should help you in autocross. A 195/50 might be a little more beneficial on a 7inch as well.

The only 15x7.5 wheels I know of are the TRM C1's and the 949 6UL's which both come in +42 and should fit easily. 15x7 are much easier to find. You can only compare offsets between wheels that are the same width.

^^^ the 15x7.5 I found come with +25 offset but that's as high as it goes.. So do you think with -3 camber I could make them fit with some rolling of course? And what about the rears? I know I get negative camber because its lower, I just hope its enough with the roll..

I've got 15x7.5 +32 right now. I'm not lowered yet, but I don't think I'd dare go any further with the offset. The tires are 205's.

New to the M2 game, so I am looking for some wheels to compliment the car. I'm planning to pick up some 205/50/15 tires (most likely BFG Rivals, so they run a bit wide).

From my initial research, I am reasonably sure that 15x7 wheels with 42ET will probably work. My question is, if I am greedy and want to chase after an extra 1/2" on the wheel width (ie. 15x7.5 with 42ET wheel), am I playing with fire? Will the wheel rub on the suspension side?

Back