side skirt install instructions

macklum

http://www.msprotege.com/members/macklum/Side%20skirt%20install.pdf
Ok I uploaded these instructions for all to use if needed I hope this works
malcolm1.jpg

wow thats a lot more complicated than i thought it would be. maybe i wont be doing it myself afterall...
thanks for the PDFs though!
-meGrimlock

meGrimlock said:
wow thats a lot more complicated than i thought it would be. maybe i wont be doing it myself afterall...
thanks for the PDFs though!
-meGrimlock
If you take your time and follow the instructions you wont have a problem , The templates for drilling the holes are a perfect match .

the drilling is what i'm afraid of. i'm about as handy as chevy chase with a 6-shooter in "three amigos."
-meGrimlock

meGrimlock said:
the drilling is what i'm afraid of. i'm about as handy as chevy chase with a 6-shooter in "three amigos."
-meGrimlock
The for drilling the holes is to use a sharp center punch on the cross hairs of the paper strips then use a sharp small drill bit to drill the hole , go slowly so you have control of the drill . Then go to the correct size bit for each hole . The key is to take you time drilling the holes and filing the sharp edges off . It took me 2 hrs to install both sides by myself once i had the tmplates attached to the sills . Malcolm

Have you ever heard of anyone installing these skirts using 3M doublesided tape instead of the Mazda fasteners? I have a set and I am considering doing it that way (just hate drilling into a good body panel) but I am not sure if there is enough surface area for the tape to provide adhesion. I am also concerned about possible corrosion in the rocker panels down the line from having all the holes allowing road grunge in.

good stuff man! Props and rep points!(thumb)

Have you ever heard of anyone installing these skirts using 3M doublesided tape instead of the Mazda fasteners? I have a set and I am considering doing it that way (just hate drilling into a good body panel) but I am not sure if there is enough surface area for the tape to provide adhesion. I am also concerned about possible corrosion in the rocker panels down the line from having all the holes allowing road grunge in.

+1 for this. I'm unnerved by the idea of drilling 14 10mm diameter holes in each rocker just to mount up these skirts. ...that's 28 more holes to invite rust to start.

I'd much rather use some industrial strength 3M double-sided adhesive tape to mount these up.

Someone else surely has done the install without making their rockers into swiss fugghin cheese.

Back