Rishie's FITMENT RECIPE

just got a set of m/s rims 17x7, 55 offset, stock 215-45-17 tires (baldy) not planning to drop. what tire size do you guys recommend without having rubbing and/or camber problems on a stock 01 es suspension. thanks, after reading 20+ pages i still gotta ask.

ok i read through but no one seems to be doing what i'm thinking about.

15x7 +43 offset
225/45r15

i think i can fudge with the offset. but not much.

on a p5. stock right now and a mild drop (2") later. what say ye

15x7 +43 offset
225/45r15

You'll still have wheel gap. You'll probly rub a little over bumps with 225's in the rear @ that offset. A little extra neg camber should cure that tho, since you're not gonna be too low.

Last edited:
i feel like we keep getting more and more of the same questions, look through the threads a little before you post to see if anyone already has that offset

but yes, that will work, depending on tires

I'm looking to buy new rims soon. I have in mind some Rota G-Force in 17x8 +45 and some 225/45/17 tires. You guys think it will rub?

The car now has some 17x7 +42 with 215 tires and still have a gap between tire and fender. The car is lowered but not much!!

Look at my sig so you get an idea!!! Will take pictures later so you can see how much space between fender and tire side to side!!

Last edited:
might rub unless you got slight fender rolling and stiff suspension. 215 for sure if you plan to got lower and 205 if want slammed=) depends what your going for now these days.

that will rub, no question, 225/45's are pretty big, you may need spacers for such a high offset too...
ill have to actually do the math to be 100% though

i think you will rub.

biggest concern is rubbing on the suspension coils, going from a +42 offset to a +45 offset is going to pull the edge of the wheel closer to the suspension, and going from a 7" width to an 8" width is going to add another half inch to that. the BC coilovers ar much smaller in diameter than the stock, or stock fitment mcpherson strut coils so i have more room, and with my 18x7.5 +48 with 225 wide tires, i can barely squeeze a finger tip between the coilovers and wheel/tire. fender side i got a lot more room, i still need to get spacers, 10mm would get the tire almost flush with the fender.

Cool, what about 17x7.5 +35 with 215/45/17? Using Tokiko Blue's

The other offset in this rims in +45 so I guess I wont have problems with them 45's. I will be running the same tires as of now. They are Hankook Ventus HRII. Just gonna increase it height!! Remember, I don't mind doing some slight pull but it may look awkward since car is not slammed!!

Last edited:
don't go with the +35 offset on a 7.5" wheel width, it's way too low, the rears will be past the fenders, go with the +45, my +48's are pretty close to the fenders in the rear, the front you will have more room. you MIGHT have to roll the rear fenders with the +45.

15x7 +43 offset
225/45r15

RESULT: the fronts fit great. the rears rub a lot on the passenger side. and almost no rub on the drivers side. also the dirt is rubbed off the struts on the area around the tire sidewall. but the tires aren't touching. i rolled the rear fenders and it cured the drivers side. but the passenger side still rubs. i'll have to recontour the inner side of the rear fender to get them completely in. since these are my track tires i don't really need to/care.

don't go with the +35 offset on a 7.5" wheel width, it's way too low, the rears will be past the fenders, go with the +45, my +48's are pretty close to the fenders in the rear, the front you will have more room. you MIGHT have to roll the rear fenders with the +45.

sorry but gotta correct this, +35 is not way too low, its not past the fender either....the tire (depending on size) will be close as hell if not touching an unrolled fender
but you can run that size/offset easy with a 195/40 tire and rolled rear fenders

Different type of question. I've read the ENTIRE 48 page thread and not found an answer to this question. I have a stock 2003 P5. Currently running Khumo tires, stock size, which suck ass in the snow. This is the third set of tires I've had on the car, all of which are the most 'all season' of thes available in this weird size (195/50R16). I don't care about performance, I care about not sliding off the road. I also don't like having to replace my tires every 30k miles. So, what I'm looking to do is put 15" steel wheels with a standard all season tire for better snow traction as well as longer mileage wear. I know the handling of the car will suffer and I don't care.

My question is, has anyone successfully fit a 15" rim on the p5? Will 15" clear the brakes? Going even further, will a 14" wheel fit over the brakes? (I seriously doubt the 14" will fit).

I don't have particulars about the offset on this set of wheels, but the guy selling them says they're off an early mazda 3.....not sure if offset requirements on a 3 is the same as on P5.

Thanks in advance.

someone has put 15's on, and they do clear the brakes, it really depends on the offset,
but ive seen most people who run snow tires run 15" steelies

Hey, I'm new to this forum so I'm going to ask you being as it seems you know what you are talking about. I have an '02 protege ES (5 speed manual). Just made the mistake of going to a local rim shop to buy rims. They are too wide Wheels are rubbing on fender on the dips and when there is anyone in the back seat. Going to take them back but I'm sure they are going to give me a hard time. I want to order a new set and I want to know the depth of the rims for my car. The dealer here has no clue. HELP!!!! And if you can steer me in the direction of a wheel shop in NYC that may give me a good deal on the ones I have (two months old, no damage at all) in case this place won't work with me, I would greatly appreciate it!!
Thanks in advance!

Back