Question about mods!

TNmsprotege

:
Mazdaspeed 6
Ok I have. Have the following mods corksport tmic,corksport catless dp ,su test pipe,custom catback,corksport tip and one step colder denso plugs and plan on getting cobb ap the week and I'm just wondering if anybody has ab the same set up or close to it and wondering if it would be safe running it with those mods with the ap and not have to worry ab internals failing on me when I want to get on it.

you wont be sure until you have a method of monitoring. a dashhawk or an ap are really the only methods.
my mods are in my sig, im running way colder ambient air temps too, and on cold days i drop fuel prssure. when its about 10 degrees C i rarely see below 1500psi at wot. and im running 19-20psi on the stock k04 with an 11.8-12.0 afr via cars wideband, and 11.3-11.6 via aem wideband.

when you start dropping under the 1500psi mark then you want to get internals. I remember seeing in the cobb atr help file that 140psi0 was the point to upgrade. There is no measure of mods that determines when you need to get internals. It is based on boost/airflow, and when these conditions are exceeded and the cars stock system can not keep up, then you need to upgrade the fuel systems internals.
I need to upgrade but school comes first and the car needs to wait. My solution is to change my throttle table so i cant get more then 50% throttle. It has helped lower boost.

Last edited:
Back