Project Pay2Play: My Eunos Cosmo has arrived!

Good News...Got confirmation that my 20B's compression is healthy!

Bad news is that it may take a long time to find a new pressure sensor. I'm not really keen on waiting and driving with the air con on all the time...Hoping that someday I'll have a new sensor and it will fix the issue.

I'm now seriously considering moving the suspension upgrade down the priority list and moving "Operation HKS F-Con V Pro" to the top...I've been told I'll be able to run non-20B sensors which SHOULD solve this current sensor issue and make my setup infinitely more flexible...Plus it SHOULD result in more power, better power delivery AND better fuel economy.

Hmmm...

Good News...Got confirmation that my 20B's compression is healthy!

Bad news is that it may take a long time to find a new pressure sensor. I'm not really keen on waiting and driving with the air con on all the time...Hoping that someday I'll have a new sensor and it will fix the issue.

I'm now seriously considering moving the suspension upgrade down the priority list and moving "Operation HKS F-Con V Pro" to the top...I've been told I'll be able to run non-20B sensors which SHOULD solve this current sensor issue and make my setup infinitely more flexible...Plus it SHOULD result in more power, better power delivery AND better fuel economy.

Hmmm...

Good to hear the car is still going well (apart from the black smoke). I'd be looking at the Haltech Platinum Sport as well but it depends on people being able to tune it.

Thanks, Berty...Nice...How many bits is the Haltech PS system (16bit or 32bit)? Kawato / TCP Magic is tuning his new Twin Turbo 4Rotor with a Haltech unit (they're a sponsor).

I've got big news!

First of all, I've got my actual compression numbers and they look very good (pic coming soon).

Second...I'm finally joining the aftermarket EMS club...I'm going ahead with the HKS F-Con V Pro Upgrade!

Stay tuned for more details...

Where abouts do you live in Japan?
Would love to have a look at this beauty if I ever drive by your place.

Thanks for checking out my thread...Kobe and yourself? I'd like to check out your Mazda as well...It would be cool to meet up at an event if possible someday... :D

Awesome!
I live in Hokkaido though. But I do plan to drive down to Honshu!
I only have an Axela, nothing as cool as your rotary beast!

Wow...Hokkaido! I haven't been there yet...If you ever plan on being in the Kansai area, let me know or maybe we can meet up someday at an event in the "middle". As for your Axela, you've got AWD and all that SkyActiv goodness that would be interesting to checkout in person...In any case, keep in touch!

Well, the Cosmo has been at TCP Magic for a week now and the whole procedure should take 3 to 4 weeks. I'm currently waiting on updates and hopefully Kawato-San will send me some pics soon...I'm looking forward to see the dyno results after the F-Con V Pro install / tune...

Here are my 20B's compression numbers...

In order from Top to Bottom...

"Front"
"Center"
"Rear"

14430981681_9a1f219f65_b.jpg

Update Pics!

Titanium Baby!
14486713742_07ce938d7c_b.jpg

Bye Bye Blitz...Hello HKS EVC IR Spec!
14486725694_f6fb57d6ae_b.jpg

Overview shot of the new setup...
14486700814_ae28b91d1a_b.jpg

New HKS sensor...
14486715412_bde9c35bec_b.jpg

14484575251_f7b9383092_b.jpg

Hello HKS F-CON V Pro and EVC!
14301372120_f7d874c551_b.jpg

The new HKS EVC display taking the place of the Blitz display...
14484632561_24bcc1a191_b.jpg

Exciting progress on the standalone. I've been trying to find that intake for the longest now! There was one listed new on YAJ, but it's not there anymore. Are you going to sell the Blitz SBC?

It has been too long since I did a major upgrade...As you can imagine, I can't wait to see the results!

Does AutoExe no longer sell / stock that intake? I ordered mine years ago through a Mazda dealer and I believe it was made to order...Took over a month to get it if I recall correctly...

As for the Blitz SBC...Yes, I definitely intend on selling it...Are you interested?

The term "Custom" usually has positive connotations but in this case...It might be a nightmare...Check out what's involved when having to make a custom wiring harness to connect the F-CON V Pro and the Cosmo's ECU etc...
14314701650_1ca09e89c8_b.jpg

14497959161_ffa637d9e7_b.jpg

It's DYNO time!

14329990077_619193ba50_b.jpg

I've got video thanks to Kawato-San!

Here you can see the Cosmo hooked up to a Dynapack Chassis Dynamometer and getting tuned...

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MYfgYZXnPhA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's the final dyno pull...

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gWlEFod-gC0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm currently waiting on the dyno results...

Back