Possible Damaged Caliper - Brakes/Rotors Change By NuBrakes

Hello to everyone. I'm a new one here.
I've the same issue with right caliper that sometimes doesn't release completely. I wanted to replace the complete caliper but its price is little bit to high so I'm going to repair it by myself with this kit: frenkit
I've a question regarding the caliper disassembly: do I need to consider it very complicated or do I need only to remove the piston, replace the mechanism and install back the piston? Does the piston require a calibration or once I've installed all and gone out from EPB Maintenance Mode it will go a the right position?

80.000 miles. The left caliper has been replaced at 10.000 miles but the right not.
What year? Are you saying the rear left caliper has been there for 70,000 miles? What year did you replace it?

There’s a date code on the caliper. If the production date on caliper is before 9/7/2016, you want to get a new updated caliper as the older calipers tend to have brake dragging problem or even locking up.

TSB No. 04-001/18: Noise from Rear Brakes Due to Brake Dragging

And $147.63 isn’t too expensive for safety nowadays.

362C10A5-A39C-4BF2-8CA6-AC7CE306CB56.jpeg

Last edited:
Year 2016. Yes, this caliper is still there. Authorized Mazda Service told me they have replaced both but it wasn't true. They made it only on the left side.

It's true that 150 US dollars is not too expensive for the safety but this price is valid in U.S.A. Not in EU where I'm writing from. Here the price is higher than 300 euro.

Thanks a lot!!!
Keep in mind that if the date code of your rear calipers indicating they’re manufactured before 9/7/2016, you may still have dragging or locking issue after the caliper rebuild as the inaccuracy of the screw threads on ball and ramp in the caliper which will affect proper EPB release. Just have to watch the symptoms outlined in the TSB.

Back