Odd acceleration solved and maintenance question

BMXDAD

2019 CX5 GT
:
Mazda 2015 CX9 GT
Thought I'd mention an actual problem diagnosed over the phone by service dept. Usually have have to bring the car in for check out. My problem was that occasionally, I find my engine revving as I brake to a stop. It's a bad feeling when the more I braked the more revving I had. So, I called the service dept and the serviceman started to list off what it could be and he started with "make sure you are not stepping on the gas pedal while trying to brake," then moved down the list of things I don't remember. After I hung up I got to thinking about his comment about stepping on both pedals. Who does that? I did and still do but now I am aware and move my foot a little more left when braking.

Question for 2019 GT CX5
I am due for spark plugs and fuel injector cleaning at 60,000miles. Is that recommended by the forum?

Thanks

Thought I'd mention an actual problem diagnosed over the phone by service dept. Usually have have to bring the car in for check out. My problem was that occasionally, I find my engine revving as I brake to a stop. It's a bad feeling when the more I braked the more revving I had. So, I called the service dept and the serviceman started to list off what it could be and he started with "make sure you are not stepping on the gas pedal while trying to brake," then moved down the list of things I don't remember. After I hung up I got to thinking about his comment about stepping on both pedals. Who does that? I did and still do but now I am aware and move my foot a little more left when braking.

Question for 2019 GT CX5
I am due for spark plugs and fuel injector cleaning at 60,000miles. Is that recommended by the forum?

Thanks
Yes do the spark plugs but I wouldn’t touch the injectors unless they’re playing up. There are some very good additives that will do the injectors good.

IMO, if your CX-5 didn’t have the symptom before but now it has with the same driving style, that indicates there’s a problem. If you still have new car warranty, take your CX-5 to the Mazda dealer to check it out. At very last you leave a record of the problem on Mazda’s system and just in case the problem is getting worse and you have something to base on for warranty service.

Question for 2019 GT CX5

Thanks
You have a 2019 CX-5 GT any you have a 2.5L with cylinder deactivation. The spark plug replacement interval recommended by Mazda is 75,000 miles, and there’s no maintenance schedule on fuel injector cleaning. Check section 6 of your owner’s manual. People put some fuel injector cleaner such as Techron into the gas tank from time to time, or use top-tier gas all the time (I use Shell gas exclusively) for preventive maintenance on fuel injectors. Fuel injector cleaning is something car dealers frequently used for some cash generation.

Question for 2019 GT CX5

Thanks
Enough people do it than the on the new Mazda3/CX30 there is an alert that tells you you're stepping on both pedals. Since about 2014 Mazda put the pedals closer together and it's really annoying

Enough people do it than the on the new Mazda3/CX30 there is an alert that tells you you're stepping on both pedals. Since about 2014 Mazda put the pedals closer together and it's really annoying

Interesting, I had no idea they added this alert.

Two footed driver maybe? Stepping on the brake with the left foot, and the gas with the right?
For me there's almost nothing more irritating than being behind someone that uses both feet. Brake light constantly on, or flickering. Arrggh.

I agree with your info. I notice that I hit the gas pedal when wearing certain shoes that have wider soles.

I agree with your info. I notice that I hit the gas pedal when wearing certain shoes that have wider soles.

I notice that this happens to me too with my CX-9. When I wear the only shoes my pedorthist approves of (Timberland Groveton, wider toe box and midsole), I can sometimes feel the gas pedal on my midfoot when I'm on the brake at a stop light. With that said, I can't actually depress the gas pedal to any degree in this case, possibly because the gas pedal and brake pedal are "offset", with the gas pedal being a bit more further back than the brake pedal.

When I wear Chuck Taylors, my foot doesn't touch the gas pedal.

Two footed driver maybe? Stepping on the brake with the left foot, and the gas with the right?
For me there's almost nothing more irritating than being behind someone that uses both feet. Brake light constantly on, or flickering. Arrggh.
An elderly female relative bought a loaded Cadillac De Ville every year. She'd drive with one foot constantly riding the brake "because the engine is too powerful." SMH.

Back