Now let's see those white ms3!

lol yea i know right? a smashed windshield wouldve been horrible.

lol smith from honda world? the wheel specs are :

18x8.5 +28
18x9.5 +35

just picked up a brand new '09 GT the other day, still in the break-in period. completely stock except for the MX-5 wheels and black lugs. definitely have some things in mind for it, would like to start by getting rid of that massive wheel gap!

4296703582_02d3d1f0b1_o.jpg

Whoa, brand new brand new? Like from a Mazda dealer new?

Don't be so stockish this time around ;)

yeah, it was one of the last '09s around. i was just lucky they still had it. i have some things in mind for it, but you know me... i like to keep it clean!

Congrats! BC coilovers will do the wheel gap trick my friend. But you'll never get as low as an MSP :(

i noticed right away that the fender wells aren't nearly as deep as my MSP was. it doesn't have to be slammed, but it needs a substantial drop. the stock suspension is way too squishy and tall for my taste, but i'm still thinking about what i want to do about it...

Grab a set of H&R Coils. You'll love them.

Congratulations on the new Speed3! (Great taste, too. ;))

Grab a set of H&R Coils. You'll love them.

Congratulations on the new Speed3! (Great taste, too. ;))

cheers!

i'll probably end up going with coilovers, don't think springs will give me the drop i want. i just don't want to sacrifice ride comfort too much since it's a DD. the BCs on my MSP were super stiff even on the softest setting. looking for something a bit more comfortable that i can also tighten down for the twisty roads. how are your H&Rs?

I highly recommend the H&Rs... they give you an incredibly aggressive setup without sacrificing too much ride comfort.

not yellow - How much of a drop do you want? If you go H&R coilovers, they usually run about $1100-1300 brand new. They will drop you the lowest, there's no camber adjustment and you reuse the stock tophats. From what I've read/heard, they are rated at 40% stiffer than stock. If you want BC's again, they have everything you saw on your MSP but won't drop as low as them or the H&R's. They usually run $900-1000 and the spring rates are around 300-320 front/200-220 rear.

not yellow - How much of a drop do you want? If you go H&R coilovers, they usually run about $1100-1300 brand new. They will drop you the lowest, there's no camber adjustment and you reuse the stock tophats. From what I've read/heard, they are rated at 40% stiffer than stock. If you want BC's again, they have everything you saw on your MSP but won't drop as low as them or the H&R's. They usually run $900-1000 and the spring rates are around 300-320 front/200-220 rear.

looking for something that at least has the potential to drop me 2.0-2.5 inches. factory specs for the H&Rs say up to 2.5" front and 2.0" rear. don't know the range on the BCs. but the H&Rs have no camber plate... and no damper stiffness adjustment???

Yeah, if you want to drop it which those heights, H&R's are the ones for you. Don't be fooled by the drop rates they say, Sok07 is pretty damn low. And yes, the H&R's don't have camber plates or dampening adjustments.

Back