New owner

jjp735i

:
CX-5
Well, I did it. Traded in the 2003 bmw 325xi and bought a 2016 CX-5 GT. It is Sonic silver. Should be picking it up later this week, they have to install the remote start. Will post pics once i get it. This board helped me make my decision. Would have gotten the Touring, but had to have the leather. It's pretty much loaded down with tech package, couldn't pass up the led lighting. Also has the Bose system, all weather mats plus a bunch of other stuff.

Congratulations, be sure and let us know when you get it and of course some Pics !!!!

Photo

Pick it up Thursday, very happy so far.

attachment.php

I really like the way the silver looks against the black trim, also I've had dark colors and red and all chips show up more. At least with silver over years the road chips don't show up as bad. I really like the red, but red is so hard to maintain.

To me it's just a easy color to keep looking nice.

I really like the way the silver looks against the black trim, also I've had dark colors and red and all chips show up more. At least with silver over years the road chips don't show up as bad. I really like the red, but red is so hard to maintain.

Agree!

(iagree) Sliver looks really nice against the black trim! Silver is so easy to maintain that is the added plus. That's why we're getting all silver cars so far! Just wish Mazda has gray instead of all black interior.

yep. I also chose the silver touring model. I have had silver cars before and they generally don't show the dirt on the car like the darker colors do. Also, the CX-5 silver I think is one of the nicer silver paints.

Congrats! I want to ask though, is Bose a step up from the regular one? Back when I was in the Corvette world ( C6 era), it was understood that the BOSE sounded much worse than the "base" stereo package in the 'vettes.

Congrats! I want to ask though, is Bose a step up from the regular one? Back when I was in the Corvette world ( C6 era), it was understood that the BOSE sounded much worse than the "base" stereo package in the 'vettes.

Unless they have cheapened it up since 2013, the Bose is very much an upgrade from the base stereo (which in itself is more than adequate for the non-picky). It's not audiophile material, but it is a significant upgrade and will keep most people happy.

I haven't really driven the Bose Stereo to hard yet. Will have to see over time how the system breaks in. But it does sound nice. My other car, 545i has the logic 7 system and already I can say without a doubt the Bose isn't even in the same ballpark. I think of myself as somewhat as a audiophile nut and to me Bose is all marketing and that's about it. But the CX-5 Bose system is nice and it's a upgrade from the standard system from hearing both on test drives.

I agree with MikeM that most people will be happy with the Bose system.

Pick it up Thursday, very happy so far.

attachment.php

CONGRATS! and happy "Zoom-Zooming"! (drive2). I also agree with your reasoning on the silver. My Liquid Silver Metallic looks good, but I know she needs a bath - but it's been to dang hot! BTW - I am still amazed how it changes color. Darker looking during overcast days and lighter when it's sunny. So cool......

I haven't really driven the Bose Stereo to hard yet. Will have to see over time how the system breaks in. But it does sound nice. My other car, 545i has the logic 7 system and already I can say without a doubt the Bose isn't even in the same ballpark. I think of myself as somewhat as a audiophile nut and to me Bose is all marketing and that's about it. But the CX-5 Bose system is nice and it's a upgrade from the standard system from hearing both on test drives.

I agree with MikeM that most people will be happy with the Bose system.
Bose system on CX-5 may be better than its standard 4 or 6-speaker system, but it's still only a mediocre system at best as it has no directional tweeters at front and no sub-woofer in the rear. 9 cheap paper-cone mid-range speakers simply can't do too much for quality sound and definitely can't compare to your BMW's logic 7 system!

Just picked up the GT with Bose system myself. It sounds very nice but its not really traditional stereo sounding. No matter how you adjust it its center weighted in the fact that the center front speaker is omnipresent. It's setup much more like a home entertainment system with the center speaker as the focus and the front left and right speakers more for effect. It's not my personal choice in how I like to listen so its taking some getting used to but its not unpleasant when I just get over it and let it do its thing.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Back