NEMOC Random BS Thread

Agreed Bruce, it was in the 20s on my drive to work today. Ridiculous for the end of March.

Can't complain about cold, had a blast at Stowe mountain resort over last weekend, monday was half a day due to temps going over 40F and everything turned to slush which is no fun but a heavy work out.

Somehow this '16 Mazda 3 2.0 skyactive water pump either has issue or likes to leak a little coolant from the "square" gasket, changed it about 7k miles ago and now looks to be wet around that area again, doesn't leak out a lot but every 2k miles I end up adding some to the coolant overflow tank. Weird issue as gasket are Mazda oem parts as well.

I’m in the south and off to a cars and coffee event, it’s 39! Back home in MA it’s 46???? WTH!

Pulled the calipers and brackets off Mia and they're off to be PCed this week. Picking up the rebuild kits this weekend when I visit my daughter and new grandson this weekend.

Weather was warm enough to put the summers back on the 3.

Pulled the calipers and brackets off Mia and they're off to be PCed this week. Picking up the rebuild kits this weekend when I visit my daughter and new grandson this weekend.

Weather was warm enough to put the summers back on the 3.
@Reitrof Any coolant leak from the water pump in your 2018 Mazda3?

Heading west to KY tomorrow for a wedding, then back to NC Monday….packing at up the meyata and heading back to NE/home Wednesday morning. I might drive straight through…13hrs. We’ll see 🤪

Last edited:
Not that I've noticed...Why?

The water pump gasket is not holding that well and there's some coolant leak, not sure if the housing of the water pump doesn't sit well due to warp or the gasket is weak that doesn't last that well, used an oem gasket from mazda dealer last time :unsure:

Heading west to KY tomorrow for a wedding, then back to NC Monday….packing at up the meyata and heading back to NE/home Wednesday morning. I might drive straight through…13hrs. We’ll see 🤪

Did a round trip to Orland last week, was tough staying awake while sun beats down on you, good thing for coffee 😅

Nice Mark. Was in Boston last week to meet my new grandson. Had a great time.

Congrats Bruce (y)

The water pump gasket is not holding that well and there's some coolant leak, not sure if the housing of the water pump doesn't sit well due to warp or the gasket is weak that doesn't last that well, used an oem gasket from mazda dealer last time :unsure:
I replaced the water pump last year not due to any issue but it's a 2008 with over 200k so I replaced it when I did the rad. No leaks so far.

So I have a new project for winter RallyX. Picked up an old Ford Focus for 250 bucks. Not street legal anymore but perfect for RallyX.

Need to get it home and do some maintenance and try to find some studded winter tires.
SXteh9jUJccsiimk0A8CXa97-qQxcDSIRjazSkijVAiEkIGE0EjBtbS4tMWpQftE2DlHTgMXsklDpkpQnZVCIZZDDAT2_4ZtOcGd3OwSJCFUAKgbTMKtqbz8aagM_a6wChikSb7ARA=w2400

Back