NEMOC Random BS Thread

My wife's sister is about 5'5" so yes. But that shouldn't be an issue as long as Chris doesn't mind slouching. :D

Oh yeah, had the alingment on the P5 done yesterday. Heard a horrible sound this morning when taking a left turn at slow speeds. Backed into the spot at work, turned the wheel to the left and found these.
attachment.php

My wife's sister is about 5'5" so yes. But that shouldn't be an issue as long as Chris doesn't mind slouching. :D

Oh yeah, had the alingment on the P5 done yesterday. Heard a horrible sound this morning when taking a left turn at slow speeds. Backed into the spot at work, turned the wheel to the left and found these.

Yeah, that car is not designed for tall people. If you are over 6 feet tall and have an xterra, you'll need a good chiropractor.

My brother is 5'7.. Loved the one he had.

Ok, just throwing it out there that she loves it. I'm 5'10" but have never sat in it. Seems like it would be perfect if it wasn't for the shortsightedness of Nissan.

I'm oddly proportioned though. I'm mostly leg so if the seat goes back, I'm fine. I do prefer telescoping steering wheels though. I've heard mostly positive things about the XTerra after asking around on FB and reading forums. Consumer reports says by all means stay away from 05-06 model years. 05 was a model refresh and it suffered some growing pains. 2013 is supposed to be a refresh too but there aren't any on dealer lots yet.

Going to be a tough find CHris. Why not an auto?? Towing would be easier with an auto.

Got the rig parked yesterday and blew out the water lines since the temps are still below freezing at night. Car still needs to be washed. Too cold for that as well. Hanging with my parents for the month of April. Should be interesting.

Hoping for some warmer weather.

Going to be a tough find CHris. Why not an auto?? Towing would be easier with an auto.
I hate driving auto. It bores me to death and I hate the mushy throttle response. Amanda's Nitro R/T was a quick truck but it really wasn't much fun to drive because all you did was mash the pedal. The top level Xterra comes with hill start assist and descent control. Primarily intended for off roading but I imagine it will work for starting on hills with a trailer in tow...of course there's always the ebrake too.

My baby just had her 20k service today... Just an oil change and tire rotation.... Shes clean now! Have been neglecting her.... HOWS MY NEMOC FAMILIA DOING? I MISS YOUZ ALL!!! Cant wait for the first meet of the year!!!

I'm oddly proportioned though. I'm mostly leg so if the seat goes back, I'm fine. I do prefer telescoping steering wheels though. I've heard mostly positive things about the XTerra after asking around on FB and reading forums. Consumer reports says by all means stay away from 05-06 model years. 05 was a model refresh and it suffered some growing pains. 2013 is supposed to be a refresh too but there aren't any on dealer lots yet.

the one I had was an '05, yeah.

speaking of meets....wonder if josh is doing a cape fun run and lunch meet this year? april is upon us!

i could see myself doing this trip

The cruise is just gorgeous. It starts going slow around Lake Hayward, and then a very scenic (and curvy) trip through the Hopyard. Then there is some open road cruising down Rt 82, and it finishes off with a quick pass of the goodspeed opera house, and a scenic ride up the CT river and through Moodus.

It's 30.3 miles that starts at the intersection of Rt 85 and 11, and ends at another commuter lot right off of Rt 2. It usually takes about a solid hour, especially since you have to go pretty darn slow around lake hayward, and depending on traffic, through the hopyard.

DEVIL'S HOPYARD STATE PARK
Devil's Hopyard Campground is open for the 2013 season from April 19 through September 2 daily). Walk-ins only allowed September 3 - September 30.

• 366 Hopyard Road, East Haddam
  • 21 wooded sites near scenic waterfall. Stream fishing, no swimming. No pets. Reservations accepted April 20 through Labor Day.
  • $14/night/campsite for CT residents. There is a Processing Fee for reservations.
  • $24/night/campsite for non-CT residents. There is a Processing Fee for reservations.
  • Campsite Reservations
  • Office (860) 526-2336
  • Campground Map: (PDF):

<tbody>
</tbody>

DEVIL'S HOPYARD STATE PARK
Devil's Hopyard Campground is open for the 2013 season from April 19 through September 2 daily). Walk-ins only allowed September 3 - September 30.

• 366 Hopyard Road, East Haddam
  • 21 wooded sites near scenic waterfall. Stream fishing, no swimming. No pets. Reservations accepted April 20 through Labor Day.
  • $14/night/campsite for CT residents. There is a Processing Fee for reservations.
  • $24/night/campsite for non-CT residents. There is a Processing Fee for reservations.
  • Campsite Reservations
  • Office (860) 526-2336
  • Campground Map: (PDF):

<tbody>
</tbody>

Obviously I'd offer my CT residency to anyone looking to save 10 bucks on the site.

There are charcoal outdoor grills on site, but I live about 12 minutes from the park, and could easily entertain everyone outside on the deck. I have a big driveway and a 2 acre yard.

Back