Mobil 1 oil

I use walmart brand oil. and I only change it every 30,000 miles, and I never change the filter. and I never let the engine warm up before I floor it.

Change oil? We only replenish some when the level goes too low, about once a week!

Just noticed they added 'C500 engine oil conditioner' and charged me $15 for it!

Did that make your bill total $15.00 (plus tax) more than the quoted service price? If so, I wouldn't pay it. In fact, I might make them drain and refill without the additive since Mazda recommends against their use and you did not ok it beforehand.

Do they expect you to thank your lucky stars that they care about you so much they are not putting raw "unconditioned" oil in there? (rofl2)

Last edited:
Did that make your bill total $15.00 (plus tax) more than the quoted service price? If so, I wouldn't pay it. In fact, I might make them drain and refill without the additive since Mazda recommends against their use and you did not ok it beforehand.

Do they expect you to thank your lucky stars that they care about you so much they are not putting raw "unconditioned" oil in there? (rofl2)

Thanks Mike. Called them and gave two options.
(1) Refund my $15
(2) I'll bring the car there today. They can drain whatever they put inside, refill 5 qt of 0w20 oil and I want to see them do it.

They issued the refund.

These idiots are not going to see me again.

(1) Refund my $15
(2) I'll bring the car there today. They can drain whatever they put inside, refill 5 qt of 0w20 oil and I want to see them do it.

They issued the refund.

I would've done the same thing. Way to take charge...

(1) Refund my $15

They issued the refund.

I love a happy ending and that is a happy ending (especially the last part)! (lol2)

I was upset that the Mazda OE oil had a higher NOACK than Mobil 1 and burned off faster. In 4,000 miles I was down almost 3/4 quart. I switched to Mobil 1 0W-20 Extended Performance and now easily go the full 7,500 miles with no added oil needed.

(1) Refund my $15

They issued the refund.

Did they add it on top of the 5 quarts already installed??

I was upset that the Mazda OE oil had a higher NOACK than Mobil 1 and burned off faster. In 4,000 miles I was down almost 3/4 quart. I switched to Mobil 1 0W-20 Extended Performance and now easily go the full 7,500 miles with no added oil needed.

I have not noticed any noticeable drop on the dipstick at change time with the Mazda oil... this is usually 5-6K miles.

My sister had a '58 Chevy Impala with a 348. Every morning she stopped at the gas station and had them fill the oil and check the gas!

Lol. Years ago I worked at a full-service gas station right off of the interstate. You'd be surprised how many people came in and would be 2 or 3 quarts low on oil. I checked the oil on one car and there was nothing on the dipstick but goo! Oil was way past the liquid state.

1974 chevy vega, I had to add a qt every 80mi. That was my oil change!!!
GM did have many innovations for that little 4-cylinder aluminum engine. Unfortunately it was a total failure!

At least the oil cost only 99 cents per quart back to that time! Gas was even cheaper, 49 cents per gallon!

Back