Mazda Toolbox Update

:
2018 CX5 SE-L Nav+ 2WD 2.2D 150hp Auto
New version of Mazda Toolbox released version 5.0.0.2002151628 for MZD Connect. No idea what the improvements are although it will automatically update when you open the application.

How does one open the Toolbox application?

My understanding is that the Toolbox is supposed to open automatically when the NAV SD card is inserted into a computer. Mine doesn't do this and I can't find the executable program that manually starts the Toolbox.

Looking under the Start Menu (Win10) I don't see it and it's not in the alphabetized list. Using File Explorer I can find the Mazda folder under this path, C:\Program Files (x86)\Mazda\Toolbox. The only executable programs in that folder are programs to update the Toolbox and to uninstall it. Nothing to start the Toolbox.

I can start the Toolbox if I run the update program though. After the update runs it finishes up with the Toolbox open.

What am I missing?

I just click on the Mazda Toolbox icon on my desktop. The path shown on my system is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mazda Update Toolbox"

The Toolbox opens and then prompts you to insert the SD card for map updating etc. The actual update application process started automatically when I clicked on the icon as it checks the Mazda servers for new versions.

@Conrad 16.5

I check mine also on win10, on the same directory I have the "tbagent.exe" . That the one that launches the toolbox

That's exactly what I was talking about.

This is the Toolbox update program and once the Toolbox is updated it ends with the Toolbox open.

When I run that program it asks me if I want to update. I'm not ready to do anything at this time with updating and such so I tell it no. Perhaps if my Toolbox was up to date that running this program would open the Toolbox directly?

This is the Toolbox update program and once the Toolbox is updated it ends with the Toolbox open.

When I run that program it asks me if I want to update. I'm not ready to do anything at this time with updating and such so I tell it no. Perhaps if my Toolbox was up to date that running this program would open the Toolbox directly?

Alternatively uninstall Toolbox and re-install from the Mazda website?

when I run the tbagent, it opens the a small pop up dialogue box "checking for update" for half a second then the mazda toolbox window opens.

I don't get an option to update the toolbox. I'm still with version 4.4.2002149986

I would assume that Mazda Toolbox will automatically check for updates when opening.

So I was right. Yesterday I ran tbagent.exe and when it asked me if I wanted to update the Toobox I told it to go ahead. After updating it left the Toolbox open and requesting that I insert the SD card. I closed the program and ran tbagent.exe again. It checked for an update real quick and then opened the Toolbox. I didn't update my card but I will in the spring when I get the MX out from it's winter hibernation.

The Toolbox still does not appear in the Windows start menu though.

Back