Mazda Protege Keyless Entry Remotes & progamming instructions

i thought my keyless entry reciever was broken until reading this thread. thanks for the flow chart about programming

Damn that was easy...I just did the reprogram in like a minute....took a little bit to find the door switch, but easy as pie....only $20.00 on ebay saved my ass a lot of $$$$$$, now just need to get a new key cut and my spares are complete. (thumb)

sweet. i was wondering how to do this because one of my transmitters lost its memory 'cause i haven't replaced the battery in a while and i just replaced it. good information.

how to deprogram the remote

My roommate just got a p5 too and when i tried this with one of my spare remotes it worked both of our cars. My other remote only works mine,so i figure the remotes must be able to be programmed for two cars or maybe more at once. Is there a way to clear the remote so it only works the one car?I had the batter out for about 5 minutes and still didnt work. gonna try it longer and see.

Fraimr8 said:
My roommate just got a p5 too and when i tried this with one of my spare remotes it worked both of our cars. My other remote only works mine,so i figure the remotes must be able to be programmed for two cars or maybe more at once. Is there a way to clear the remote so it only works the one car?I had the batter out for about 5 minutes and still didnt work. gonna try it longer and see.

I think you need to reprogram th system with the remotes that will only be used for that car

solid_snake said:
I think you need to reprogram th system with the remotes that will only be used for that car

Ahhh yes! thxs bro I didnt really understand the way it worked. After reprograming my car for my one remote it worked like a charm.One controls my car the other my roomates. He was bummed when he bought his P5 and they had no remotes with the keys. So I gave him one of my old ones and hes gonna buy 2 from ebay or somewhere in the near future. Thxs again for Info!

Fraimr8 said:
Ahhh yes! thxs bro I didnt really understand the way it worked. After reprograming my car for my one remote it worked like a charm.One controls my car the other my roomates. He was bummed when he bought his P5 and they had no remotes with the keys. So I gave him one of my old ones and hes gonna buy 2 from ebay or somewhere in the near future. Thxs again for Info!

No problem :)

Be careful getting them on ebay - when you get broken junk the sellers try to blame it on you or just dont respond anymore after they got your money.

the one thing that sheet doesn't say is to make sure there are no other transmitters being used in the area. And by the that sheet is exactly what the tech would do to your car if you paid them to... and no it isn't illeagal to post that seeing as how I can get that off any computer at my college, for free.

I got my two remotes off ebay. The diagram remote instructions didn't work for me, but the instructions that 93Miata provided worked perfectly for me.

The ebay remotes looked absolutely fine, but yes, I agree that you should always be careful on ebay.

Thanks for the help guys.

I need help , my keyless does't work. I followed the instructions and it would only react to my fob with a honk a flashing lights on the 3th iteration. The car's ECU will reacht to the door switch however. I 'm trying to get it to work since i bought my car, that was a month ago. I aslo replaced the battery.
Any help is welcome Thanks

I have one keyless remote that has never been installed on any car. I bought it for my P5 but never used it. Pm me if interested.

93Miata said:
What does your local dealer charge for Mazda keyless entry remotes?

My Mazda dealer wants $99 a piece plus $35 for programming for each of my cars (MS Protege, 98 Millenia).

I'm curious to see what other dealerships are charging for new remotes and programming.

I'm done with ebay because the listings show new remotes, and 3 out of 3 times I've won - I end up with junk that doesn't work and won't program. First one was superglued together and cracked. Can't check the battery if you can't even open it. Second one was completely corroded inside from water and didn't work. The 3rd one only 1 button worked and it looked like someone tried to superglue the circuit board pieces back together. Each one was advertised as new, or like new and they obviously weren't anywhere close to that. The Keyles Ride site is run by one of those same lying ebay sellers, so thats off the list too.

What does your local dealership charge? I bet there's some that want even more than what mine is charging.
What is the numbers on the back of the remote say?Reason why I asked I have 2 extra remotes that would sell to you...

do the remotes you buy have to match the numbers on your existing remote exactly? Cuz I found some I wanna buy, but the FCC id # doesnt match exactly. The last couple numbers are different.

From What I Understand Correctly Is They Got Match. I Asked The Service Manager The Same Thing And Thats What He Told Me

I got two what look to be new remotes on ebay for $18 with te same exact #'s as our originals, since i lost mine a while ago, at least somewhere in my house.
They work great, now we have three functioning remotes. Yay.
What a deal, and programming was easy. I am just bummed you can only have three.

BIGANT said:
From What I Understand Correctly Is They Got Match. I Asked The Service Manager The Same Thing And Thats What He Told Me

tried this and it doesn't work for my car. maybe it has to do with the wires i cut so that the factory alarm can arm when i have my greddy turbo timer running?

gbean said:
I got two what look to be new remotes on ebay for $18 with te same exact #'s as our originals, since i lost mine a while ago, at least somewhere in my house.
They work great, now we have three functioning remotes. Yay.
What a deal, and programming was easy. I am just bummed you can only have three.
NICE! Why are u bummed about having 3?

Back