Mazda Parts you can get cheaper than at the dealer thread

:
2019 CX-5 AWD
Per discussion here, What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread that lists all the parts you can get cheaper than at the dealer.

Spark plug: NGK ILKAR711 vs PE5R-18-110/PE5R-18-110A. These are the exact same spark plugs. These are less than half the price of the Mazda ones.

Mazda changes the part numbers for 19+ CX-5 spark plug from PE5R-18-110 to PE5R-18-110A, but it's the same spark plug.

s-l1600.jpg

Navigation SD Card: 1/10 the price of Mazda at Amazon or eBay. Mazda selling an SD card for $400 is laughable.

s-l500.jpg

Please post any parts that can be found for a better price.

Last edited:
Keep in mind the SD card will likely get flagged in Mazda tools as counterfeit. As a result you will be unable to update the maps.

That's true but not a big deal. You can still buy 9 more before you break even. I'm still running maps from 2019. Newly ordered cards will have maps from 2022, that's new enough. ;)

Watch out for counterfeit parts also.
They look real.

I personally only buy from genuine Mazda dealers online.
e.g. Mazdaswag.com or Mazdaparts.org

Watch out for counterfeit parts also.
They look real.

I personally only buy from genuine Mazda dealers online.
e.g. Mazdaswag.com or Mazdaparts.org

I've purchased some OEM Mazda parts through eBay; there are some Mazda dealers that sell on there for a better price than retail. But some parts are completely identical, like the NGK spark plugs and the belt tensioner, and marked up double or more.

I once took a "30% off" coupon (great deal, right?) to dealer for parts/accessories.
Only to find that the discounted price was still higher than what was available online.

Keep in mind the SD card will likely get flagged in Mazda tools as counterfeit. As a result you will be unable to update the maps.

I bought a card off of Amazon and it worked perfectly in my MX, it still does after three years of updates.

YMMV

Let's see some parts posting.

Belt Tensioner

INA FT01291 $40.79

PE0315980A $186.61
That's obscene pricing for that little OEM tensioner. I remember when pricing out OEM parts from the dealers online, that Jim Ellis Mazda was always expensive. I wonder if that $186.61 is really list price ( don't know, didn't try to check)as I've seen dealers sell above list.

That's obscene pricing for that little OEM tensioner. I remember when pricing out OEM parts from the dealers online, that Jim Ellis Mazda was always expensive. I wonder if that $186.61 is really list price ( don't know, didn't try to check)as I've seen dealers sell above list.

That's the stealership price.

Last edited:
MSRP is set by MNAO in the US. Some Mazda dealers sell the OEM parts with 10% ~ 20% markup above the MSRP. My Mazda dealer always sell the OEM parts at the MSRP, and honor the 20% off coupon based on the MSRP. Most online sellers sell 20% ~ 30% off the MSRP, but you’ve to pay the shipping which is quite expensive nowadays.

Another frequently needed part is:

Control Valve Solenoid - Mazda (PE01-14-420A)

C3150D66-F786-4979-9FBF-8662E7CEF2A5.jpeg

Unfortunately the MSRP was $188.72 in Feb. 2022 now is $345.05!!!

We can try this international OEM parts seller partsouq.com in Dubai where several members had placed the order before. The shipping is in a week, and the price for this item is much lower.

It took me a while to figure out the part number of this problematic Oil Control Valve (OCV). In the beginning I thought it’s:

Control Valve - Mazda (PE01-14-440A) $110.57

But that OCV is located on the side of the engine above the oil filter. The leaky OCV you have on engine top actually is Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Solenoid:

Control Valve Solenoid - Mazda (PE01-14-420A) $188.72

Consider the high price of this OCV solenoid, I’d just spend additional $35 for valve cover gasket and OCV seal, although I believe you should be able to re-use these 2.

Control Valve Solenoid - Mazda (PE01-14-420A) $188.72

Valve Cover Gasket - Mazda (PY01-10-235) $20.84

Engine Valve Cover Washer Seal - Mazda (PE01-10-2D5)
$15.00

View attachment 295017
View attachment 295018

View attachment 295019
View attachment 295020

And one more suggestion on OEM parts source for OCV solenoid PE01-14-420A. This eBay seller partsouq is the international automotive parts seller partsouq.com located in Sharjah, north of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Somehow they manage fast shipping to the US and the price is great!

View attachment 295031

View attachment 295032

This eBay seller partsouq has 10737 and 99.6% positive feedbacks with eBay money back guarantee. And some members have tried them and got Japanese Tokyo Roki PE01-14-302B oil filter in 3 days!

MSRP is set by MNAO in the US. Some Mazda dealers sell the OEM parts with 10% ~ 20% markup above the MSRP. My Mazda dealer always sell the OEM parts at the MSRP, and honor the 20% off coupon based on the MSRP. Most online sellers sell 20% ~ 30% off the MSRP, but you’ve to pay the shipping which is quite expensive nowadays.
I've gone to my dealer so many times with the %15 off coupon that they have it attached to my name, I get it automatically when I go in and they bring up my name. Things like OEM trans oil and diff oil are cheaper at the dealer for me than say a place like Amazon (yes, I know Amazon isn't always a cheap place to buy parts) .

Where do you get this coupon for parts? Is it from Mazda or dealer-specific? (not talking about the online dealer web stores)
I have found only for accessories :(

Amazon and ebay prices seem more expensive lately

When you say "dealer cost", do you mean that is the price your dealer pays, or the price for the consumer? This Mazda dealer is selling it for $186.61, which is the MSRP. 2014 Mazda CX-5 Tensioner, belt'v'. Beltv - PE0315980A | Jim Ellis Mazda Parts, Marietta GA

The identical RockAuto part is a fraction of the price.
“Dealer cost” is the price a car dealer pays for a part to the manufacture. MSRP is the list price for a part the car manufacture set for a region to sell. Unfortunately some greedy dealers sell the OEM parts with 10% ~ 30% markup over MSRP. Usually the dealer cost is 55% ~ 60% of the MSRP. The shop usually pay 70% ~ 80% of the MSRP for an OEM part but charges full MSRP to their customers. We can see the MSRP at those online sellers from car dealers if they update the price structure from manufactures up to date.

Like spark plugs between the OEM and NGK, the price difference on serpentine belt tensioner between the OEM and INA is huge. We don’t know why the additional Mazda imprint or logo on the OEM parts cost that much. But from my knowledge of price structures between venders and manufactures, there must be a reason for the huge price difference. And these parts offered by OEM and venders are NOT “identical” somewhere with such huge price difference.

Back