Mazda Announces Pricing and Packaging for 2023 CX-50

Press Release: Mazda Announces Pricing and Packaging for 2023 CX-50 | Inside Mazda

Of note:
- wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto standard on all trims
- Mazda’s first-ever power-sliding panoramic moonroof with one-touch open and close feature starts with the Preferred Plus Package
- Leather: black or an all-new unique terracotta color starts with Premium Package
- 20" wheels now start one trim higher with the Premium Plus Package
- Towing capacity increases to 3,500 pounds on all Turbo packages, up from 2,000 pounds
- CX-50 2.5 Turbo Meridian Edition is a trim dedicated to the all-terrain: 18-inch alloy wheels with all-terrain tires, side rocker garnish and headlight garnish, distinctive hood graphics.

Starting MSRP FOR THE 2023 MAZDA CX-50 IS AS FOLLOWS:

PackageCX-50CX-5
CX-50 2.5 S$26,800$25,900
CX-50 2.5 S Select$28,200$27,900
CX-50 2.5 S Preferred$29,500$29,160
CX-50 2.5 S Preferred Plus (panoramic moonroof)$31,940
CX-50 2.5 S Premium$34,400$32,310
CX-50 2.5 S Premium Plus$36,400$33,950
CX-50 2.5 Turbo$36,400$36,400
CX-50 2.5 Turbo Premium$39,550
CX-50 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus$41,550$38,650

*I added CX-5 pricing but it's a bit unfair to compare trim name to trim name as what comes standard differs on some key items between the two; namely, the Active Headsup Display, upgrade larger wheels, nav, ventilated front seats, etc.

PREMIUM PAINT COLORS:CX-50CX-5
Polymetal Gray Metallic$395Carbon Edition
Wind Chill Pearl$395$395 (Snowflake White Pearl Mica)
Zircon Sand Metallic$395n/a
Machine Gray Metallic$595$595
Soul Red Crystal Mica$595$595

Last edited:
Canadian pricing is up as well.

1645546565952.png

Basically GT is the highest trim level and if you want the Turbo is going to cost you $2500 more.

Interesting proposition I would say.

Some interesting differences between the US and Canada. First it looks like Canada will only get the top trims and it would seem that only the Turbo in Canada comes with i-stop. The US press release doesn't even mention i-stop.

I just got a 2022 CX5 Turbo.
It seems to me that the CX-50 Turbo Premium is more in line with CX-5 Turbo in features.
Of course, on CX-50, you gets more metal, stronger AWD (towing of 3500lbs vs. 2000lbs), etc.
The additional $1k-2k is justified from that perspective.

Automakers are adding extra charges on more colors now....
very soon, they will charge you on black color also. :rolleyes:

i-stop.. :unsure:

I've never liked engine start-stop technology. I personally hope it doesn't spread through the rest of Mazda's offerings.

I was looking to see which model has the 360 monitor> I don't see it, it must be there somewhere that I'm missing

I find myself in familiar territory. This car sounds like a great fit for me, but..... I prefer the promised-in-the-future powertrain. Last time around it was 2016 or so and I was contemplating a new car to replace my 2000 Acura TL.

I became enamored of the promised 2nd Generation Mazda CX-5 Diesel. Fast forward to 2018, I was finally convinced that there would never be a US Diesel version, so I bought a 2018 GT (non-turbo).

The Diesel eventually did come, but in an absurd offering, ridiculously expensive only offered in the very highest trim with the ugliest interior, and didn't deliver the performance and mileage "promised".

Let's hope the plug-in hybrid comes quickly and is something like in the RAV-4 Prime.

This time though, the 2.5 turbo looks pretty good as a fallback, and I'm happy to see the towing capacity increased to 3500 lbs along with a towing mode.

Now I want to know the height of the cargo compartment, so I will know if I would still be able to tote our trash can to the community pick-up location, in style.

Some interesting differences between the US and Canada. First it looks like Canada will only get the top trims and it would seem that only the Turbo in Canada comes with i-stop. The US press release doesn't even mention i-stop.
Likely comes down to what features each region wanted to highlight. The two CX-50 used in press shots and on the Resort Tour in the US have the i-stop button.

Interesting to know tire sizes are 17", 18"(coming later) and 20"! Just curious to know exact size and specs, make and model. I would think diameter would be a bit larger than current CX-5 tires.

On the subject of whether this is a CX-5 replacement, based on pricing and what is known so far I'd say yes...eventually. Mazda sold 190,000 CX-5's in US + Canada last year, the highest count yet despite the supply chain issues. The Alabama plant capacity is 150,000 unless Corolla Cross bombs and Mazda can scarf additional capacity.

It's going to take quite some time just to get the new plant up to full capacity, and then it will either have to be expanded or Japan lines converted. A few years I'd say.

That $37,900 for the GS-L is presumably Canadian $, or about $29,600 is US dollars today.
I think there is a market for a lower trim in Canada i.e like the current CX-5 GX (Sport in the U.S.) . Not everyone wants to pay this much or needs pano sunroof, dual auto A/C, etc.

I think there is a market for a lower trim in Canada i.e like the current CX-5 GX (Sport in the U.S.) . Not everyone wants to pay this much or needs pano sunroof, dual auto A/C, etc.
That would stand to reason. Why Mazda carved out the lower and upper price points for Canadian buyers is a good question. Perhaps they're intending to sell CX-5's beyond the sunset in the US just as they still sell CX-3 in Canada at least through 2022 at a lower price point than CX-30.

Do you know if they are 225/65/17 Yokohama Geolandar G91 as on current lower trims CX-5? Those who like low profile tires will be well served with the 20" versions!
Not sure on the 17" ..but it could very well be. I'm hesitate given CX-50 is produced in Alabama and not Japan if Mazda sourced a different tire with greater accessible here in the states.

Not sure on the 17" ..but it could very well be. I'm hesitate given CX-50 is produced in Alabama and not Japan if Mazda sourced a different tire with greater accessible here in the states.
Good point. Perhaps Goodyear Assurance, Continental Cross Contact as seen on other NA assembled vehicles with similar size tires. We'll see!

At first, I found it hard to believe the base-Turbo trim includes the 20" wheels from Premium Plus as they're both priced equally at $36,400. But the base Turbo-trim drops the bold options below making it possible.

Which would you choose if your budget was 36k?

CX-50 Premium Plus - $36,400CX-50 Turbo - $36,400
20-inch aluminum-alloy20-inch aluminum-alloy*
Automatic folding side-view mirrorsAutomatic folding side-view mirrors*
Ventilated front seats
Active Driving Display
Bose 12-speaker Premium AudioStd eight-speaker audio system
Turbo (Off-road Mi-Drive, 3,500lb tow, paddle shifters)
LED taillights
Adaptive LED with auto-leveling headlights
Exterior design elements (larger exhaust pipes, badge)
*assume feature carries over from Premium Plus as it's not mentioned later in the Turbo Premium or Turbo Premium Plus trims.

Last edited:
Back