Lewis7789 MS6 GT build thread

Ermergerd! She's done! Hopefully will be picking her up this weekend. A HUGE thanks to Marc for the hookup at the school.

Now I'm going to wait 30+ days for the paint to outgas then bribe Martz to buff the finish.

Once you go black....

your asshole hurts for a month.

Little mods here and there. Added some Quicklatch buttons to the front bumper.

And some blacked out corners lenses. Since black is the fastest color.

Clearcoated the CF exhaust shrouds Corey made for me.

Dat ass. Babysitting Marc's FB over the winter. Crazy how small cars were back then. The MX6 makes the MS6 looks huge. The FB makes the MS6 look like a tank.

Oh and bought some new center caps and rim stickerz from THE Will Dodd in mirror gold.

Looks Good!

Crazy how small cars were back then. The MX6 makes the MS6 looks huge. The FB makes the MS6 look like a tank.

You should park next to a new Civic... a 2016 Civic Sedan overall is only 4.5 inches shorter, .7 inches wider and 1 inch longer wheel base than your Mid-Sized Sedan MS6. So much for being a compact car.

It was above 60 degree Saturday so I put Fatty back together enough to hit the cloverleaf in Fairlawn (entrance/exit ramps) about 8 times. Car feels great and I've missed boost and grip soooo much. haha.

BIG thank you to Patrick for buffing my headlights over the winter, they came out great. And thank you to Will for the wheel stickers and center caps.

Looking good Buddy. Can't wait to get my car put back together and on the road this nice weather is giving me the itch.

So I've been researching front aero to offset my giant wang and failing. I bought a universal ABS splitter from eBay that was advertised as 1/2" that is actually 3/8" and super floppy so that's getting returned. I've got two leads on a functional front splitter just waiting to hear back final dimensions before I got buy more stuff that won't fit.

There is a company called AeroFlowDynamics that offers "aero" parts for the MS6 but they are very overpriced and not functional.

I've been playing with canards as well. First up is a cheap set from NRG for $39 shipped. They include the smaller triangle as well (not pictured). They tricked me when the item descriptions said "carbon fiber". It's actually plastic with a CF sliver/strip on top... le sigh. But fitment needs minor trimming and would work.

Next would be the APR style A universal canard for $190. Style B's leading edge is almost perfectly straight so wouldn't work at all. Style A would still need to be trimmed to fit the contours of the bumper.

And lastly is an idea of mine using 1/4" or 3/8" black plastic (ABS, I'm pretty sure) I have from work. You can see just how much the front bumper curves. This is an oversized template of course. I'll cut out some rough pieces this weekend for mock up.

Last edited:
Installed some Aercatch hood latches last weekend. It was tough cutting into the rust-free hood and new paint job. But my hood release cable has always been finicky.

The radiator supports actually had predrilled holes that just needed to be opened up a bit for the stud.

This was painful...

The first one took about 3 hours since I work very slowly and measure 15 times cut once. The second side took about 40mins since I had a plan of attack.

Did some stuff.

The Damon Motorsports PS cooler bracket broke so I swapped it out with a Perma-cool unit from Summit and topped off the PS fluid with more Redline ATF racing fluid. Should be running cooler now.

Mounted up.

Went to Home Depot Racing for some screen door mesh for the fog deletes to get more airflow to the PS cooler.

Finished up my canards and mounted them.

Along with the ole Subaru lip.

Little update before the track day at Mid-Ohio this weekend (woo-hoo!)

The brake pedal never felt 100% for the last year or so even after multiple bleeds and with 179k miles on the brake system it was a good idea to replace everything. New OE brake booster, master cylinder and vacuum line and fresh Wilwood 600 fluid. Pedal feels great now.

THE man, THE myth, THE legend, THE Will Dodd brought over some vinyl horsepowers and installed the number panels for me. And only managed to bugger up one side... Regardless, they still look great. :)

Had a fun scare once I had the brake system back together for a test drive, compressor surge. I had to slide the wastegate actuator out of the way to make room for the big ass brake booster swap and thought I damaged it in the process. First thing I did (after worrying for 24 hours until I could get back in the garage) was check the Forge V1 BPV and sure enough the plunger was stuck. I took it apart, cleaned it and regreased it and it's running great again.

New air filter and spark plugs, topped off the fluids and a thorough inspection of suspension bits and everything looks good. Just needs a good wash.

Dat ass.

Thanks, buddy! She's come a long way for sure. And the Parma HS kids did a great job on the paint work.

this summer when i come out to see some meeps, we gotta get pics of the two cars...

i think you'll approve of some of the upcoming rice car mods i have planned, haha

Back