You should park next to a new Civic... a 2016 Civic Sedan overall is only 4.5 inches shorter, .7 inches wider and 1 inch longer wheel base than your Mid-Sized Sedan MS6. So much for being a compact car.
It was above 60 degree Saturday so I put Fatty back together enough to hit the cloverleaf in Fairlawn (entrance/exit ramps) about 8 times. Car feels great and I've missed boost and grip soooo much. haha.
BIG thank you to Patrick for buffing my headlights over the winter, they came out great. And thank you to Will for the wheel stickers and center caps.
So I've been researching front aero to offset my giant wang and failing. I bought a universal ABS splitter from eBay that was advertised as 1/2" that is actually 3/8" and super floppy so that's getting returned. I've got two leads on a functional front splitter just waiting to hear back final dimensions before I got buy more stuff that won't fit.
There is a company called AeroFlowDynamics that offers "aero" parts for the MS6 but they are very overpriced and not functional.
I've been playing with canards as well. First up is a cheap set from NRG for $39 shipped. They include the smaller triangle as well (not pictured). They tricked me when the item descriptions said "carbon fiber". It's actually plastic with a CF sliver/strip on top... le sigh. But fitment needs minor trimming and would work.
Next would be the APR style A universal canard for $190. Style B's leading edge is almost perfectly straight so wouldn't work at all. Style A would still need to be trimmed to fit the contours of the bumper.
And lastly is an idea of mine using 1/4" or 3/8" black plastic (ABS, I'm pretty sure) I have from work. You can see just how much the front bumper curves. This is an oversized template of course. I'll cut out some rough pieces this weekend for mock up.
Little update before the track day at Mid-Ohio this weekend (woo-hoo!)
The brake pedal never felt 100% for the last year or so even after multiple bleeds and with 179k miles on the brake system it was a good idea to replace everything. New OE brake booster, master cylinder and vacuum line and fresh Wilwood 600 fluid. Pedal feels great now.
THE man, THE myth, THE legend, THE Will Dodd brought over some vinyl horsepowers and installed the number panels for me. And only managed to bugger up one side... Regardless, they still look great.
Had a fun scare once I had the brake system back together for a test drive, compressor surge. I had to slide the wastegate actuator out of the way to make room for the big ass brake booster swap and thought I damaged it in the process. First thing I did (after worrying for 24 hours until I could get back in the garage) was check the Forge V1 BPV and sure enough the plunger was stuck. I took it apart, cleaned it and regreased it and it's running great again.
New air filter and spark plugs, topped off the fluids and a thorough inspection of suspension bits and everything looks good. Just needs a good wash.