Lewis7789 MS6 GT build thread

Looks good! If it wasn't on a Monday, I probably would have stopped by to watch. Can't wait for some videos!

More pics are popping up online; (Photo credit - Matt McHugh)

Fatty looks good out on the track! Glad i could help with bleeding the brakes. It really made me want to get ss lines!

BIG thanks to Ivan for letting me use his GoPro for a session. I was trying to be his chase car but got held up a bit.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gB09Wma1IlU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The he was the chase car for a session that got cut short due to a Corvette going off. Minute mark 3:00 is pretty funny. "Oh hi, buddy buddy!". Ivan was using Hawk HPS pads while I was on Hawk HP+ (front) and EBC RedStuff (rear) and late braked a little too late. I saw him in my side mirror and thought "Is this fucker trying to pass me?" so I didn't turn in on him and gave him room. haha
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bajkkigMay8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Swapped out the Magnus racign seat Will graciously gave to me for the Corbeau seat Pablo bought then sold and got that bolted in this weekend.

Had a super fun time at Mid-Ohio on August 24th with Fatty. Car performed very well until the last session when she blew a fuel line, doh! Thankfully nothing caught of fire and disaster was adverted. I've got a spare line and AAA gave me a tow home, so no worries.

Under the wonderful instruction of THE Will Dodd once again I was able to lower my lap times. Fastest lap of the day was a 1:46.44. I kept up with a C7 Corvette for two laps, got a few point-bys and met some very nice fellows. One of which has a supercharged S2000 putting down 380whp (who gave me a point by). So Fatty is doing well out there on track.

Some pics from the day:

All by myself... :( Though the Mazda boys did offer a tow home and to stick around but no sense in that when I'm paying for AAA.

1.5 hours later the tow truck driver finally showed up. Thankfully, he was SUPER nice, took his time loading up Fatty without breaking anything and didn't mind the 1.25 hour drive up to Akron and unloading her at my house.

I have GoPro footage of a session with a friend riding passenger but the camera must have been setup weird since everything out of the windshield is washed out. Oh well, there's always next time, which I'm looking forward to. :)

I run my events with AutoInterests and they do a pretty good job. Not as professional/strict as NASA and a bit more expensive but still fun and laid back. And half the instructors are my friends so it's always a good time. But you should come out for sure! But you're in WI, right?

http://autointerests.com/

I'm glad your car didn't catch on fire! What track configuration were you guys running?

Yeah, I'm buying a fire extinguisher for the cabin for sure.

We always run the club course with AutoInterests.

Yeah, I'm buying a fire extinguisher for the cabin for sure.

We always run the club course with AutoInterests.

Yeah, that might be a good idea LOL. You can never be too safe. I think I might pick one up too in the near future.

Your fastest lap of 1:46.44 is pretty damn fast! You're definitely getting quicker and quicker. You almost beat my fastest lap time of 1:45.2! Hopefully I can get out there a lot next year.

yeah 1;46s is a pretty good pace around there Evan! hell id be happy to get a 2:00 flat next year with the msm... i just want/need the seat time! haha

yeah 1;46s is a pretty good pace around there Evan! hell id be happy to get a 2:00 flat next year with the msm... i just want/need the seat time! haha

Seat time, seat time, seat time! I wish it were free HAHA! About a month ago, I roughly calculated how much track time my car has seen. I currently have about 10 hours of track time and it's still not enough LOL.

I'm sure you can get below 2:00 in the MSM!

Its going to have A LOT more power next spring so it is going to be take it easy, learn the car and learn the power before i ever try running quick times.

I don't mean to keep sounding like I'm just kissing Wills ass but proper instruction is indeed super helpful. Marc, Pablo and Marlon have all given me tips as well. But Will knows the AWD platform from tracking his STi (and of course tons of hours on track in his Miatas) and has pushed me outside of my comfort zone of "spirited driving" levels to really pushing harder out there recently. And he drove one session so I could see/feel first hand just how much harder I could safely push Fatty. My biggest hesitation is the high speed bits at turn 1, keeping the throttle pinned through the back straight until the 500' marker (125mph was my top speed so far) and very hard on the brakes to slow for turn 7. But baby steps of gradually increasing speed or braking harder and later are helping for sure. I'm kinda a slow learner and pretty cautious too so I'm sure you guys will be much faster.

But it doesn't really make sense to compare lap times as we all have different cars/mods. But like #2 said, it's all about seat time. I wish I had more money for track days.

I don't mean to keep sounding like I'm just kissing Wills ass but proper instruction is indeed super helpful. Marc, Pablo and Marlon have all given me tips as well. But Will knows the AWD platform from tracking his STi (and of course tons of hours on track in his Miatas) and has pushed me outside of my comfort zone of "spirited driving" levels to really pushing harder out there recently. And he drove one session so I could see/feel first hand just how much harder I could safely push Fatty. My biggest hesitation is the high speed bits at turn 1, keeping the throttle pinned through the back straight until the 500' marker (125mph was my top speed so far) and very hard on the brakes to slow for turn 7. But baby steps of gradually increasing speed or braking harder and later are helping for sure. I'm kinda a slow learner and pretty cautious too so I'm sure you guys will be much faster.

But it doesn't really make sense to compare lap times as we all have different cars/mods. But like #2 said, it's all about seat time. I wish I had more money for track days.

I agree, it doesn't really make a lot of sense to compare lap times since it's all just for fun. However, it's fun comparing as well as seeing how much people improve. I don't think ANYONE is too good to turn down instruction. The last time I was at Mid-Ohio (first time with Autointerests and the club course), I let Will ride along and he was extremely helpful. I definitely improved and he helped me nail the chicane (Turns 2-3).

Have you been to Pitt Race yet since the new section has opened? I really want to experience that, it looks really fun!

I have not. I've only run PittRace twice with track-x, never the full North course at speed yet. There is an SCCA Track Night at PittRace this Friday (09/04) I was planning on going to but lack the funding. I plan on attending one of the track days at Mid-Ohio on Halloween with AutoInterests again.

I saved a bunch of money over the winter for track days in 2015 but blew it all on the silly MX6 DD. But i plan on saving a bunch over this winter for more track days in 2016.

I have not. I've only run PittRace twice with track-x, never the full North course at speed yet. There is an SCCA Track Night at PittRace this Friday (09/04) I was planning on going to but lack the funding. I plan on attending one of the track days at Mid-Ohio on Halloween with AutoInterests again.

I saved a bunch of money over the winter for track days in 2015 but blew it all on the silly MX6 DD. But i plan on saving a bunch over this winter for more track days in 2016.

HAHA! I know the feeling. I was saving up over the winter for track days this year, but had to spend it on new tires for daily use, general maintenance stuff, and new coilovers (had about 70k miles on the BC Coilovers and they were ****** from potholes/winter). I ended up going with the Mazdaspeed coilovers and they're ******* amazing LOL.

Understandable. Sho has the Mazdaspeed (KW V3, right?) coilovers and likes them too. You MS3 guys get all the cool parts. You even have a drop in radiator available from Koyo through Mazdaspeed!

I've been lucky with my BC's. two years and one winter and they are still good to go. (knock on wood)

Back