Lewis7789 MS6 GT build thread

Productive weekend. Added another two coats of white Dip from the cans. Took 14 cans to get decent coverage. What a pain... But turned out pretty well. The car is white again, so that's kinda nice.

Dave Dremelled out the top rows of my lower grill for better flow to the intercooler. Probably took him a couple hours just sitting there grinding out all those little holes so a HUGE thanks to him for that.

I'm probably most excited about having a windshield washer reservoir again, heh-heh. Relocated to the passenger side and used a 93-95 Civic reservoir that someone posted on MSF fits perfect and it really does. You don't even need to make a mounting bracket, it bolts right up to a frame stud. I used a plastic plug and silicone for where the Civic pump goes then drilled a hole for the MS6 pump and siliconed the s*** out of it. The best part is it doesn't block my power steering cooler.

always amazed at how some people can just think of some random part that will work on a completely different car. Wish I was innovative haha

I know, right? I used to go to the junk yard looking for KL parts and wander around checking out other cars to see if anything struck me that might fit my swap.

Love it. I've got a Cadillac Escalade upper radiator hose for the reroute on my Miata. Perfect fit after some trimming, 1 hose from the back of the head to the radiator :D

Yep, I don't really get that much over spray. I just sweep when I'm done so the over spray doesn't stick to the floor. Next time I'll use a gallon or two of the pre-mixed dip and the power sprayer like I did for the first dip. These cans have a very narrow spray angle and it was really tough not to get tiger stripes on the doors/hood.

Thanks for the shots and riding along, Sho!

Had a great weekend with the Mazda Meeps. Once again, huge thanks to Ted for the great deal on the jungle gym for the back seat and to Dave for helping me install it Saturday. All in all it wasn't that bad. I installed one in my black P5 so I had a good idea how to do it this time around. Still took about 3 hours.

Had a great day at the auto-x in Lakeland yesterday with the Meeps as well. Met some very nice STi owners and won my SM class.

There is a track cross at PittRace in early October I'm going to try to make it to then the season will pretty much be wrapped up.

Last edited:
The track-cross at PittRace was a hoot. I couldn't break into the 42 second mark but was consistently in the 43's. THat blind crest is sketchy. But the car ran great and nothing broke so it was a good day. :)

Video of a lap;
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oWh2WkG8lzU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HARD PARKING, BRO!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cgA3MK8F9HI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Loud noises!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YX5IrWr5hjo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, I still wasn't getting it right by the end of the day. And we aren't allowed passengers otherwise I would have had Marc ride with me to show me. So little by little I was taking it out wider and faster, but alas.

2.3 ahhh. Great job Evan, I'd like to see her at a track sometime!

Thanks, Dean. I have lots to improve on but I'm slowly getting there. You'll have to bring the MSP out sometime.

MSP is sinking into the ground. Now it's a Soul 14' Atenza GT!

Back