Lewis7789 MS6 GT build thread

"Outta the way, slow pokes! Fatty coming through!"

Oh s***! Sorry, after you, good sir."

I have a mildly gutted EK Civic that I could sell you... Your gear would fit great!

I don't know... Look what happened to the last guy you sold a car to. (Bazinga!)

Don't know if you know this by now, MonkeyAss, but I'm kiiiiinda a dick. ;)

Whoa, you remind me of ... me ... a few years back. I'm only going to do X to this car.
And now you are looking for a DD. Yep, I see where this is going. :)

Also, I have an awd DD you can buy for the winter. heh heh heh.

Haha, yeah. I've realized I can never leave anything stock. But that's also why I think it's a good idea for me not to buy a Miata. So I'll get get a nice used $5k Mazda3/6 and keep Fatty as the money pit.

Only plans left for the MS6 is a passenger seat then I should be good to go for 2015.

So much rice in one box! re-dipping Fatty this weekend. The spray can white seems to apply smoother, stay whiter and is easier to clean. So fingers crossed.

Good stuff! Your car already cleans up well for rolling pictures, now maybe youll let us shoot it while hard parked lol

Nah, it will never be pretty enough for all that nonsense.

My hat goes off to the fellow (Chris) at Mid-Ohio with the gutted, dark blue EK hatch with K20A2 and Toyo R888's I was following for a few sessions. He was fast, his car was setup well and was ugly as s*** with huge rust holes in the rear quarter panels. But didn't matter, that thing was quick and he had dat driver mod.

I don't really care too much about how Fatty looks to a degree. I've never owned a good looking car other than the black P5.

So last week I noticed a rattle on start up/shut down and noticed the exhaust was a little louder than usual. Found out one of the exhaust hangers broke on the midpipe and took a good chunk of the exhaust piping out with it. I patched it temporarily with a can, a worm gear clamp and some exhaust putty while I contacted CPe about the issue. They said it's not under warranty since I'm not the original buyer, which is understandable. And they did offer a replacement midpipe for $250 + $20 shipping. But I can't bring myself to spend that much on a pipe that failed due to the weld. I'll probably replace the midpipe when I have some spare monies but in the mean time I had my friend Scott weld it back on.

So you other cats running all three motor mounts and urethane exhaust hangers, keep an eye on your hangers. Dem vibes.

Jake ended up disconnecting the hangers on my midpipe due to the way the exhaust sits and it was putting stress on it. Leave it to cp-e to try and charge 250 for a straight piece of exhaust LOL. Get an eBay one for 80-100 and call it a day!

Why replace it at all if it's already been welded fixed? I was going to recommend bringing it to an exhaust shop. They'd have you out of there in 15 minutes for $50 at most.

You should have just cut off the rest of the exhaust. Because racecar, y0!

Like Sho said it would appear something is putting stress on the hangers. Stiffer (i.e. not solid) mounts wouldn't cause something to break unless it's pre-loaded.

aMaff, my understanding is when you re-weld a spot it makes the metal more brittle and susceptible to breaking again.

Fez, it is quieter again, but I still have a small leak at the flange since I have to shove the downpipe way over as far as it will go so it doesn't touch the drive shaft. A little more high-temp silicone will fix it though.

Back