Lewis7789 MS6 GT build thread

Oh, I thought you got a Kia Soul. I was not impressed. You mean you got a red Mazda6. ;)

1547d42e3bf4f86a7584432a0adeba30887c4789d26daad272ff1e769fb0b730.jpg

Well, little not-so-great update. Someone tagged my MS6 sometime in the last couple days. I always park away from other cars and don't mind walking the extra couple of feet. My co-worker said I had a busted tail light and I thought he was kidding. Sure enough, rear quarter panel dented, wheel well scuffed and busted tail light.

The good news is I had a spare set of eBay tails so I swapped it out already. Guess I'll try my hand at Bondo before the spring coat of fresh Dip. But still, sucks people can bump into someone's car and drive off.

Bad deal Evan. Any chance that could be pushed out from inside the trunk?

Those look pretty sticky! Which Hankook tires are those? Are you planning on using this setup on the street and track?

These are the Hankook Ventus R-S3. They have a 200 tread wear grade but have been holding up great. They are my street/auto-x/track-x/track tires. Very predictable, stiff sidewall, quiet and pretty sticky. However, I don't have much experience with 200 tread wear tires, other than the set of worn Toyo R888's that came with the RPF1's and those were epic. But these tires are inexpensive and are holding up great.

HUUUUGE thanks to the Will Dodd for the FREE seat and harness!!!

Had an auto-x Sunday with a couple friends and a new event organizer. Super nice guys but there needs to be some adjustments to the course layout for sure. I've never had to down shift to 1st so many times to make the slaloms or Chicago box... But I'll be back for the next event in July, especially since we don't have to work!

Looks good! I saw Sho's video and I was surprised by how much 1st gear was being used. I can't wait to get out there this year! Soon!

Yeah, to be honest, the course was pretty craptastic. No real flow and super slow. Fatty has trouble cooking the power steering pump at auto-x events so I removed the drivers side fog housing to get more airflow but pretty much every obstacle was a 1st gear run. It was more like a BMV manuverability course. lulz. But it's the organizers first event so I'm cutting them some slack. T'was still fun though!

Here's the course from Sho's MS3 that #2 was referencing. (Skip to 0:45 for the start)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/arEeeKb1xE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And I was 2nd place of 8 cars/9 drivers behind a Miata who's owner is a very nice kid and fellow bassist.

Changed both rear calipers and swapped in the EBC RedStuff rear pads and Hawk HP+ front pads, fresh Wilwood 600 brake fluid and bled the system, BIG thanks to Sho for helping me bleed the brakes!

Then off to Mid-Ohio 06/01/2015 for a track day with AutoInterests and had an absolute blast. Big thanks to THE Will Dodd for letting me share his garage. And thanks to Will, Marc and Pablo for riding along and giving advice and comments.

Ivan and I would always go out together since we're pretty evenly matched in his MS3 and my MS6 and it was amazingly good fun. Ivan and I used to race each other on Forza all the time with our cars so it was awesome to run our real cars on a real track. Video should be coming soon.

Fatty ran great. I had two or three hicups that need to be tuned out but other than that she ran like a champ.

I gave this Camaro a point-by because of his many horsepowers. He wasn't really all that quick...

Fatty almost looks clean in these pics. lulz

Back