Just Ordered My Cp-e Intake!!!!!

haha thanks for the info...so our dual exhausts are basically from the same pipe right? ive seen dual exhausts that extend throughout the entire length of da car separately ....maybe im wrong? :confused:

Ya. We don't have a dual exhaust. We have a single exhaust, that has a Y-split at the end, so everyone "thinks" we have a dual exhaust. You can see where the two pipes collect at #3.

Its a waste of money, weight, and efficency...which is why I'm going to be running a single 2.5 pipe back with a single muffler. You could run a true dual setup...but the piping would look rather pathetic...around 1.5-1.75 for each pipe and it wouldn't really be that much more efficent then just a single pipe...it is only a 3.0 liter v6 after all...and NA at that.

yeah if you ran a true dual on the 2.3, it would probably sound like running an air hose through a folgers can. honestly I wish mazda had gone with a single pipe instead of the y split pseudo-dual exhaust. it would probably make modding it just a bit easier.

Hey crzygosu there a pair of one week old old magnaflow cat back exhaust on ebay right now for $ 300 bucks. You might want to check it out. Item number # 7933972501.

pdhaudio83 said:
i made an intake too, its $1000 but i dynoed it and it adds 155whp.
dumbass this is more than just an intake I hope you know

well all i got to say if anyone who has a mazda6 and is reading this right now should really consider the intake if they want to mod their car, it's seriously the coolest thing ever, it gives you a lot more power, good sound, almost elimates the clutch grapping problem from the start where people talk about needing to ground the throttle body, it just is pure sex to drive, i am love it, thanx cp-e, what a great product!!!!

Sounds like the protege guys are insanely jealous that we get 20 whp and 20 more wft/lbs from a bolt on intake and simple A/F tuning. Btw someone just ran a 14.1 in the 1/4 with a 6...without spraying. :)

Last edited:
crossbow said:
Sounds like the protege guys are insanely jealous that we get 20 whp and 20 more wft/lbs from a bolt on intake and simple A/F tuning. Btw someone just ran a 14.1 in the 1/4 with a 6...without spraying. :)
simple A/F tuning- you guys tune your own car, or are you talking about the "mystery" black box that doesn't know your setup and just cheats the ECU?

Last edited:
I bought an intake, it claims to double the HP... It was only $4025!! what a STEAL! I sold my bad intake becuse it TOOK AWAY TORQUE.. Viva La Tornado Fuel Saver!!!!

Last edited:
6s MTX with various mods. Will probably post slip and video later this week, estimating high 13's with the CP-E combo.

Necessity must really be pissing off the msp's everytime he passes them at VIR :).

You know instead of being all "tornado wow! Body kit yay! Grounding kit super ultra offsensive power attack!" you msp guys could just contact cp-e. They are looking for a car to setup a system on.
info@cp-e.com

http://www.cp-e.com

Phone:
Sales: Josh Adams (410) 703-9365
Tech Support: Anthony Messina (301) 693-7531

Mail:

Custom Performance Engineering
6802 Mid Cities Ave.,
Beltsville, MD 20705

But then of course its probably time to start another pwn3d thread somewhere else.

Last edited:
the way you get the extra power, if its real, is that "black box" that cheats the ECU into thinking its hotter out, so it runs better... and leans it out ...so what happens when its really cold out and you start detonating? you guys run pump 87 gas right?

Last edited:
Back