Is the MSP rear wheel bore larger than the front wheel bore?

The hub bore on the rear sticks out further than the front which doesn't allow those hub-centric spacers to fully seat. Grind them down to match the front hubs and you'll be good.
Damn, not gonna be plug-n-play like I hoped. Thanks for the info and now gotta research a local engine/machining shop.

Upvote 0
Stopped in a engine shop that does machining and the owner listened as I explained the problem. He measured the new spacer and old spacer hub-centric ring I provided and cautioned against modifying the new spacer until I had thoroughly scrubbed and cleaned the rear hubs.

They were kinda crusty so I'll break out the drill and wire wheel to clean 'em up and see if it helps. I'll take pics this time to take back and show the shop if it does not work.

Upvote 0
Do you have extended lugs? Those spacers won't allow full torque on the lug nuts without extended lugs.

Upvote 0
Do you have extended lugs? Those spacers won't allow full torque on the lug nuts without extended lugs.
Yep, installed extended lugs when I first went with the Ichiba 10mm spacers. I installed the 12mm spacers (with no issue of fitment) on the front rotors/hubs and was able to get 9-10 turns on tightening before applying the torque wrench.

Upvote 0
Got the rear spacers machined to proper size and mounted. Rear view and did note that excess weight in the back may require fender rolling. Thanks for all the input/replies.

Attachments

• DSC03804-A.JPG
    DSC03804-A.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
Back