Injen intake

716-mazda2

:
2012-2
So it's time to replace the OEM filter and I want the Injen intake but I'm worried about hydrolock. Has anyone had any problems with the filter located down that far in the bay?

So it's time to replace the OEM filter and I want the Injen intake but I'm worried about hydrolock. Has anyone had any problems with the filter located down that far in the bay?

it sits above the splash guard inside the bumper, so unless you plan on driving through any foot and a half feet deep rivers you shouldn't have any problems.

so unless you plan on driving through any foot and a half feet deep rivers you shouldn't have any problems.

Somebody did...

1379347_10153301106510357_763515781_n.jpg

1381966_10153301106610357_2004780282_n.jpg

Andres

I wish I had a picture of what I had to drive through a few months back...The water was almost to the top of my rims at one point, very glad I didn't have a CAI because I still had some issues with the car sucking up some water with my CS intake.
I'd think about the weather in your area and if you do happen to choose this and weather gets bad just pull off and wait it out.

I had an extremely close call with the Injen CAI in my last car despite my conscious efforts to avoid deep standing water. Luckily, I didn't lose the engine...but I won't risk it again.

Why would you want fender intake when there is a direct cold air path already in the stock location? Get the CS SRI and duct then get creative with some fiberglass and enclose it entirely.

To be honest id stick with the CS setup, as this is pretty much up in the engine bay where mazda designed the stock intake to be, as andreas pics show, a low down intake is a rather big risk. If you havs the airbox fitted as well you will have constant cool air from the front, its a win win

Chris

If you want a power increase, the CS SRI with duct is the way to go.

K&N panel filter won't give much by itself. Maybe 1 HP?

John

We saw a little more than that on the dyno but it wasn't much more.

-Derrick

:) nice umbrella. I like my K&N filter which removed some of the grill materials to get more air directed into my filter.

Back