Help Pls?

Hey,
What make you think that he does not have insurance??
I think you are crossing a line here!!

I have an insurance but it's new car and new insurance, if i report it i might ended up paying more for my monthly so i just decided to get it fix by a mechanic

OP, I think you were "not fault" here. You could have taken pics or if there was any chance of witness collected their info. Insurance companies would run the plates and verify and get the cops involved.

Two situations : Dealer sees someone else fixed it, the shop will have to correct it.

Dealer sees it and says ok thats a car fault and i do not see anyone messing with it - i will honor it.

Was your handle hit? Where the keyless button is? For me - I had a door that was fixed by an independent, when i roll my windows down for that door it screeches and sounds bad. I cannot take this to my MZD dealer as he will ask me to take it to the shop that fixed it in first place.

If the part of car that was damaged had no keyless system in it the dealer should fix. Else the shop. IF the shop is mostly a body shop - they may or maynot have expertise. Good luck.

If this was a hit and run, did you call the police or get a report? The insurance may require some proof of a hit and run. Talk to your insurance agent.

OP, I think you were "not fault" here. You could have taken pics or if there was any chance of witness collected their info. Insurance companies would run the plates and verify and get the cops involved.

Two situations : Dealer sees someone else fixed it, the shop will have to correct it.

Dealer sees it and says ok thats a car fault and i do not see anyone messing with it - i will honor it.

Was your handle hit? Where the keyless button is? For me - I had a door that was fixed by an independent, when i roll my windows down for that door it screeches and sounds bad. I cannot take this to my MZD dealer as he will ask me to take it to the shop that fixed it in first place.

If the part of car that was damaged had no keyless system in it the dealer should fix. Else the shop. IF the shop is mostly a body shop - they may or maynot have expertise. Good luck.

The handle was not hit, but the damage where my on my fenders near the headlights. I guess they missed a connection when they put everything back together. Also I was parked in front my apt building, and there were no cameras or ppl awake late at night when it happened. I took some pictures but i lack evidence to support my claim that I got hit and run. Do you think a car locksmith will be able to diagnose my problem?

Sometimes I wonder if dealers are silent members of the forum, spying on customers.
Reason that I am saying that is that after an oil and filter change for my other brand vehicle, I posted that it was overfilled about 1/4 - 1/2 quart. Not the end of the world.
The day after I got a call from the dealer asking me if everything was ok with the service. I said yes, but was overfilled. A day later got another call from them telling me to stop by to take care of that.
Just wonder if @emilpro01, can take it to the dealer like nothing happened. Do not forget, that like any trade, people has an eye for details that regular folks do not.

I hope they see nothing hahahha, but yeah if they did see something and mentioned it, ill just tell them the truth.

The handle was not hit, but the damage where my on my fenders near the headlights. I guess they missed a connection when they put everything back together. Also I was parked in front my apt building, and there were no cameras or ppl awake late at night when it happened. I took some pictures but i lack evidence to support my claim that I got hit and run. Do you think a car locksmith will be able to diagnose my problem?

Take the picture before moving your car next morning. And keep pictures handy - your insurance company will trust you. Besides pics will give an indication your car was stationary - by type of damage. Take it back to the shop that fixed it, if not take it to the dealer to see if he can under warranty.

In my case - it was windy and someone opened their door into my car. The video was not able to pic up number plates - i submitted no proof except the fact that it was damaged. My insurance paid 900 minus deductible 250 and I was asked to search for new insurance since it was my 3rd case in 3 years. FML.

But i am 100% sure state farm took $250 as uninsured and not collision which was $500. Maybe state farm is very generous until they kick you out lol.

Anyhow - as i said go to shop and tell them this has happened. If he says its not due to his repair - dealer is your option. Since its a new good car you should have given insurance a thought.

My insurance paid 900 minus deductible 250 and I was asked to search for new insurance since it was my 3rd case in 3 years. FML.
Ha now you found out the hard way. We have 3 claims in 5 years to our homeowner insurance and got kicked out although all 3 claims were not our fault (1 flooding and 2 hails). Nowadays the insurance is only for major damage, and I believe OP made a right decision by not reporting the damage and eating the cost for less than $1,000.

Your insurance will never go up for an accident where you are not found to be at fault. The only thing that goes on your driving record are at fault accidents. What you should have done is filed a police report, and then gave your insurance company the police report and pictures. The absolute worst case would have been that your deductible is more than the repairs, in which case your out of pocket costs would have been the exact same (You pay whichever is less, deductible or cost of repairs).
By not filing an insurance claim, you are now running a few risks.
1. Additional costs because the body shop didn't catch all the issues (Normally insurance would have covered this if total costs surpass deductible )
2. Mazda warranty not being honored since there is unfixed damage to the vehicle. If Mazda denies the warranty repair, you could have called the insurance company back, and had it fixed under the original claim.

In the future, always file a warranty claim for hit and run accidents. It's impossible for your insurance to go up, and you have absolutely nothing to lose.

Your insurance will never go up for an accident where you are not found to be at fault.
Be carefully making such statement. Thiss what we thought but Kaps and I definitely have different experience on this. Either we got higher rate or we got kicked out after 3 no-fault claims in 3 or 5 years!

Insurance premiums are decided by putting the details in a hat and drawing it out!

Be carefully making such statement. This’s what we thought but Kaps and I definitely have different experience on this. Either we got higher rate or we got kicked out after 3 no-fault claims in 3 or 5 years!

AAA almost said no to me - saying I was not eligible - turned out that the last parking lot ding was attributed to my wife. A Parking lot ding is no driver's fault. No one is driving, its just when you come out and see there is a ding.
He corrected it and it went through. Stupid archaic laws and algorithms just made to make money. Atleast I have the satisfaction of getting full price for my corolla which i hated dearly and was a prior accident fix which i could not sell without warning next buyer and taking another 2k hit.

AAA almost said no to me - saying I was not eligible - turned out that the last parking lot ding was attributed to my wife. A Parking lot ding is no driver's fault. No one is driving, its just when you come out and see there is a ding.
He corrected it and it went through. Stupid archaic laws and algorithms just made to make money. Atleast I have the satisfaction of getting full price for my corolla which i hated dearly and was a prior accident fix which i could not sell without warning next buyer and taking another 2k hit.
We got lucky as I knew our insurance renewal early this year would have problems as we’d received warning letter from MetLife that if we file another claim, they’d drop us. As expected the billing statement from MetLife showed the premium is almost doubled due to prior hail storm loss payment. My insurance agent proactively found a promotion from Progressive for new insurers and we immediately switched over for both home and car insurance. Unfortunately 2 days after our new insurance becoming effective, we got hit by another hail storm and poor Progressive paid $32K+ for the damages on both house and vehicle. I fully expect my premium will be almost doubled again at next renewal due to the loss payment by Progressive, and not much we can do about this.

If you file a claim and make your insurance company pay, your insurance premium will increase even if you’re not at fault. :(

We got lucky as I knew our insurance renewal early this year would have problems as we’d received warning letter from MetLife that if we file another claim, they’d drop us. As expected the billing statement from MetLife showed the premium is almost doubled due to prior hail storm loss payment. My insurance agent proactively found a promotion from Progressive for new insurers and we immediately switched over for both home and car insurance. Unfortunately 2 days after our new insurance becoming effective, we got hit by another hail storm and poor Progressive paid $32K+ for the damages on both house and vehicle. I fully expect my premium will be almost doubled again at next renewal due to the loss payment by Progressive, and not much we can do about this.

If you file a claim and make your insurance company pay, your insurance premium will increase even if you’re not at fault. :(

Its says you are in Plano near me, but does not say which planet. I always park in open but never seen severe hail storms. Or is it a Plano thing only?

Its says you are in Plano near me, but does not say which planet. I always park in open but never seen severe hail storms. Or is it a Plano thing only?
Hail sometimes is very localized thing. We havent had such frequency of large hail coming down in our area since 1986! Unfortunately our CX-5 got hit twice since we bought it in 2015. :(

Sadly if the hail doesn't get you, the falling tree/tree branch might :(

Back